Components are a new tool that allow us to create more complex design elements and input the content through a simple form. We are in the process of building out components and will be adding new ones in the future.
Insert a component
- Log into Omni
- Navigate to the file of the page you want to insert the video on
- Check out the page by clicking on the light bulb, making it yellow
- Select “Edit”
- Select the content area in which you want to insert the snippet (“Edit Main Content,” “Edit Right Column,” “Edit Left Column,” etc.)
- Place your cursor where you want to place the component
- Click the component icon in the toolbar. The icon is a diagram of an atom.
- Select the component you would like to insert
- Click the "Insert" button
- Follow the prompts and fill in the necessary information for that component.
- Click "Save"
- Component will now be inserted onto the page. In edit mode, you will not see the content but a gray box.
- To edit the component, click on the gray box, then the edit icon (pencil)
Use to create a list of terms with corresponding definitions.
- Original Templates use: Glossary - Definitions List
- New "Fierce" Templates use: [Fierce] Glossary - Definitions List
Used to embed third-party content.
- Original Templates and New "Fierce" Templates use: iFrame Embed
Photos with Cutlines
Insert a photo with a background and caption.
- Original Templates use: Photo with Cutline
- New "Fierce" Templates do not use a Component, instead use: Snippet: [Fierce] Photo with Caption
Insert a Twitter feed onto any page.
- Original Templates and New "Fierce" Templates use: Twitter Feed
This component is used for embedding videos from YouTube or Vimeo into your Omni CMS page.
- Original Templates use: Video Embed: Responsive-Accessible
- New "Fierce" Templates use: [Fierce] Responsive Video Embed