On November 1, 2022, the LSU Vet Med food animal area in our hospital is scheduled
to start renovations. The construction will take approximately one year. In the interim,
the cattle portion of our Food Animal Service is moving to Gourrier Road behind the
Tiger Trails Bus Depot.
Temporary Site for Cattle
This temporary site will be used for cattle only. There is room for trailers to enter
and leave the site. There is a barn on-site to house animals. Signs will be posted
starting with the turn off of Gourrier Road to direct clients to the site.
Swine and small ruminants will continue to be seen in the LSU Vet Med hospital on
Skip Bertman Drive.
Appointments will still be made by calling 225-578-9500.
Emergencies will continue to be seen at the LSU Vet Med large animal hospital on Skip
Bertman Drive. Please call 225-578-9500.
LSU Vet Med Large Animal Hospital
Maps to Temporary Site for Cattle
- Primary care
- Herd health (ambulatory service)
What to Expect
- You may call the Large Animal Office at (225) 578-9500 and schedule an appointment
directly, without a referring veterinarian, or your veterinarian can contact us for
a referral. In case of EMERGENCY outside of regular business hours, our answering
service will contact the on-duty clinician, who will assist you.
- Appointments are generally seen between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Both outpatient and inpatient services are offered. Hospitalization may be required
for diagnosis and treatment of some conditions.
- To contact one of our ambulatory clinicians, please call (225) 578-9500 during regular
business hours to schedule an appointment.
Faculty and Staff
Celina Diaz, DVM
Alaina Kuehr, DVM