Community-Engaged Webinar Series
The Louisiana State University Superfund Research Center's Community Engagement Core is hosting a webinar series on community-engaged research in environmental health as part of the annual (virtual) Dellinger Symposium. The webinar series is inspired by the environmental activism captured in the oral histories in Peggy Frankland's book Women Pioneers of the Louisiana Environmental Movement and will include some speakers and panelists from the book.
The title of of the webinar series is "Best Practices for Community-Engaged Research for Environmental Health: Exploring Strategies for More Meaningful Engagement." The webinars will be held virtually using Zoom the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 3:00 PM (central time) and will consist of several presentations followed by a panel discussion. The dates and themes for each webinar are listed below.
Community Engagement and Environmental Health in Louisiana
February 9, 2021
- Jennifer Abraham Cramer, Louisiana State University
- Wilma Subra, Louisiana Environmental Action Network (LEAN) & Subra Company, Inc.
- Jennifer Irving, Louisiana State University (Moderator)
Community-Engaged Research: Methods and Applications
March 9, 2021
- Dr. Barbara Allen, Virginia Tech
- Brenda Vallee, Central Louisiana Coalition for a Clean and Healthy Environment (CLCCHE)
- Matilda Odera, North Carolina State University
- Dr. Jennifer Richmond-Bryant, North Carolina State University (Moderator)
Resources for Communities
April 13, 2021
- Kathleen Aubin, Arundhati "Runa" Bakshi, Kate Friedman, and Alexis Williams, Louisiana Department of Health, Section of Environmental Epidemiology and Toxicology (SEET)
- Marylee Orr and Michael Orr, Louisiana Environmental Action Network