Professor of Physics
Ph.D., 1997 - ETH (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich)
Louisiana State University
Department of Physics & Astronomy
229-B Nicholson Hall, Tower Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-4001
Experimental Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science
Her research focuses on the development of novel complex materials with intriguing physical properties, such as new phases that exist on the edge of instabilities (unconventional superconductivity, quantum critical phenomena, heavy – Fermion behavior, thermoelectricity etc.). Thus, her research effort is devoted to (1) “science-driven” synthesis and (2) investigation of basic physical properties (charge, spin and heat transport, magnetization, specific heat etc.).
"Whoever controls the materials, controls the science and the technology."
Current and Select Publications
- Roshan Nepal, Qiang Zhang, Samuel Dai, Wei Tian, Stephen Nagler, Rongying Jin, “Structural and Magnetic Transitions in Spinel FeMn2O4 Single Crystals”, Phys. Rev. B 97, 024410 (2018).
- P. Rivero, R. Jin, C. Chen, V. Meunier, E. W. Plummer, W. A. Shelton, “Predicting Hidden Bulk Phases from Surface Phases in Bilayered Sr3Ru2O7”, Scientific Report 7, 10265 (2017).
- Silu Huang, Jisun Kim, W. Shelton, E. W. Plummer, R. Jin, “Non-Trivial Berry Phase in Magnetic BaMnSb2 Semimetal”, PNAS 114, 6256 (2017).
- G. Cao, Weiwei Xie, W. A. Phelan, J. F. DiTusa, R. Jin, “Electrical Anisotropy and Coexistence of Structural Transitions and Superconductivity in IrTe2”, Phys. Rev. B 95, 035148 (2017).
- Jisun Kim, Hyoungdo Nam, Guorong Li, A. B. Karki, Zhen Wang, Yimei Zhu, Chih-Kang Shih, Jiandi Zhang, Rongying Jin, E. W. Plummer, “Interrogating Superconductor Ca10(Pt4As8)(Fe2-xPtxAs2)5 Layer-by-Layer,” Scientific Report 6, 35365 (2016).