Professor of Physics
Louisiana State University
Department of Physics & Astronomy
229-B Nicholson Hall, Tower Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-4001
(225) 578-0028-Office (225) 578-5855 - Fax
2012 - Present: Professor of Physics, Louisiana State University
2009 - 2012: Associate Professor of Physics, Louisiana State University
2000 - 2009: Research Associate/Staff Research Scientist, Oak Ridge National Lab
1997 - 2000: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Pennsylvania State University
1992 - 1997: Research and Teaching Assistant, ETH-Zurich
1991 - 1992: Visiting Scientist, University of Susses/University of Cambridge
1988 - 1991: Staff Research Assistant, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Theme: Dr. Jin's research focuses on the development of novel complex materials with intriguing physical properties, such as new phases that exist on the edge of instabilities (unconventional superconductivity, quantum critical phenomena, heavy – Fermion behavior, thermoelectricity etc.). Thus, her research effort is devoted to (1) “science-driven” synthesis and (2) investigation of basic physical properties (charge, spin and heat transport, magnetization, specific heat etc.).
- Financial Support:
- NSF DMR-1504226 “Surface and Bulk Properties of Layered Transition-Metal Compounds: Manifestations of Broken Symmetry” (W. Plummer and Rongying Jin) (2015 – 2020)
- DOE DE-SC0016315 “Growth of New High-Quality and Large-Size Single Crystals via High Pressure Floating-Zone Technique (2016 -2019)
- LA – BoR: “High-Resolution Raman System for Multidisciplinary Research at LSU” (PIs: Manas Gartia, E. W. Plummer, P. Sprunger, D. Young, Rongying Jin, I. Warner, L. Haber, K. Delong, S. Yao, M. Feldman, K. Dooley, K. McPeak, R. Devireddy (2016 - 2017)
- DOE DE-SC0012432 “Building an Internationally Competitive Neutron Scattering Research Program in Louisiana” (John DiTusa, Donghui Zhang, Rongying Jin) (2014 -2020)
- LSU FRG: "Demonstration of Interdisciplinary Research for NSF MRSEC Grant Application" (2014-2015).
- NSF EPSCoR: "Louisiana Alliance for Simulation-Guided Materials Applications" (Jin-senior participant) (2014-2015).
- LA-BoR-Pfund: "Development and Study of New Battery Materials" (01/01/2013-12/31/2013).
- LA-BoR: "The Empyreal X-ray Diffractometer for Multidisciplinary Materials Research and Education" (Rongying Jin, I.M. Warner, J. Zhang, Y. Wang, J. Flake, W.J. Meng)
- LA-BoR: "Acquisition of a Quantum Design Magnetic Property Measurement System for Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Investigations" (John DiTusa, P. Adams, J. Chan, Rongying Jin, S. Stadler, D. Young, J. Zhang)
- NSF DMR-1002622: "Manifestations of Broken Symmetry in Transition-Metal Layered Compounds: Surface vs. Bulk Properties", 2010-2013
- ORNL Collaborative Research Project:"Neutron Probing of Crystallographic and Magnetic Structures of Transition-Metal Compounds", 2010-2011
- LSU Startup Funds: 2009 -
- Laboratory Equipment
- Crystal Gallery
- Invited Talks
- What is New
LSU Mid-Career (Rainmaker) Award (2013)
American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellow (AAAS) (elected 2012): For her significant contributions to materials physics, including science-driven materials development and pioneering studies of their underlying physics
American Physical Society Fellow (elected 2010)
Citation: For her significant contributions to materials physics, including science-driven materials development and pioneering studies of their underlying physics.
- Editor Board Member
- Journal of Materials
- Journal of Materials Science and Applications
- Panel Reviewer: NSF, DOE
- Proposal Referee: DOE, NSF (US, Hong Kong), ORNL
- Text Book Reviewer
- Journal Referee:
- Appl. Phys. Lett.
- International J. Mod. Phys. B
- J. of Nanomaterials
- J. of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology
- J. of Phys. & Chem of Solid
- Nano Research Letter
- Phys. Rev. Lett.
- Phys. Rev. B
- Physica B
- Physica C
- Superconductor Science & Technology
- Conference/Workshop Organizer:
- Conference/Workshop Organizer:Scientific Committee Member of "The 2014 International Conference on Chemical Engineering and Materials Science" (Venice, Italy, March 15-17, 2014).
- International Scientific Committee Member of "The 7th WSEAS International Conference on Materials Science (MATERIALS '14)" (Cambridge, MA, USA, January 29-31, 2014).
- Co-organized APS focus topic "Bulk Properties of Complex Materials", 2011.
- Co-organized "The 2nd Workshop on Novel Electronic Materials", Lexington, KY, May 15-17, 2008.
- Co-organized "Women in Science" Symposium at The University of Tennessee, October 15-16, 2007.