The Cain Department of Chemical Engineering is committed to delivering the highest possible educational experience to its students. To further that end, we invite all who would like to share in this commitment to contribute to the Chemical Engineering Development Fund.
Ways Your Gifts Help the Department
- support for instructors with industrial experience for labs
- support for a chemical engineer/computer specialist for labs
- support for courses with computer software specific to chemical engineering
- equipment, computers, and supplies for undergraduate labs
- materials for undergraduate projects (e.g. undergraduate research, ChemE car competition)
- travel support for undergraduates to AIChE meetings/research conferences
- fellowships and assistantships for graduate students
- support for travel for graduate students to attend research conferences
- support for equipment maintenance, repair, and modifications
- support for travel expenses of invited seminar speakers to the department
- support for graduate student recruitment
- support for travel expenses for faculty candidate interviews
- start-up funds to attract new faculty
- laboratory and office renovations for new faculty
- graduate student support
- support for travel to research and educational conferences
- support for travel to build relationships with industry, potential research partners, and alumni
- summer salary for faculty who provide high levels of service to the department
- professorships that help supplement salaries and increase faculty retention
Your employer may have a program that will match your philanthropic gift.
Gifts of Stock
How to Make a Gift
You can make a gift online through the LSU Foundation's secure online giving site.
If you prefer to mail your gift, please make checks payable to LSU Foundation and note in the memo line the area you would like to support (e.g., graduate student fellowships, undergraduate student scholarships, endowed professorships, or faculty development fund). Mail to:
Dr. John C. Flake, Chair
Cain Department of Chemical Engineering
3307 Patrick F. Taylor Hall
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
We appreciate your interest in the Cain Department of Chemical Engineering! Please give us a call if we can assist you with making a gift, learning more about the needs of the department, or any questions you may have. We are here to help. Contact Krista Allen Raney at 225-578-4518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.