All applications must be postmarked no later than April 10, 2019 (Wednesday). Incomplete applications will not be considered therefore, please follow up with your application status. Once your application is completed you should receive a completed application confirmation email. Applicants will be notified of their status by April 29, 2019 (Monday). Those accepted must confirm their intention to participate by May 6, 2019 (Monday) by 12 noon.
This program is only open for 2019 high school graduates who have applied and are eligible for enrollment at Louisiana State University Agricultural and Mechanical College for Fall 2019.
Students selected to participate in the Summer Scholars Program must:
- Be a member of an under-represented minority group
- Be admitted to LSU
- Be available to attend the program for the entire eight week summer session
- Plan to continue enrollment and graduate from Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College
Summer Scholar Program participants will be awarded a summer only scholarship that will cover tuition, housing, and a meal plan. Students will also participate in cultural enrichment experiences, and celebrate summer accomplishments at a closing ceremony.
Program participants may be required to cover some LSU fees and additional services, estimated to be as much as $500. Other expenses such as parking, books, and other incidental charges will be the responsibility of program participants.
Note: The LSU Board of Supervisors may modify above fees without advanced notice.
If admitted to LSU and meet the Summer Scholars eligibility requirements, complete the Summer Scholars online application and submit other required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address.
Summer Scholars Program
150 Allen Hall
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
A complete application must include all of the following:
- A completed Summer Scholars online application form (below)
- A copy of high school transcripts including ACT or SAT scores
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one letter of recommendation should be from a high school representative)
- A Personal Statement: This should be autobiographical. It should explain your reason for applying to the Summer Scholars Program, as well as choosing LSU, and your course of study/career goals.
Dates and Deadlines
|Application Deadline||April 10, 2019 (Wednesday)|
|Binder Ready for Selection Committee||April 16, 2019 (Tuesday)|
|Selection Committee Meeting||April 23, 2019 (Tuesday)|
|Notified of Status||April 29, 2019 (Monday)|
|Confirm Attendance||May 6, 2019 (Monday)|
|Summer Scholars Orientation/Move-In||May 28, 2019 (Tuesday)|
|LSU Summer Orientation||May 29, 2019 (Wednesday)|
|Classes Begin||June 3, 2019 (Monday)|
|Final Exam Period||July 24-25, 2019 (Wednesday/Thursday)|
|Closing Program/Move-out||July 26, 2019 (Friday)|