Summer 2023 applications are closed at this time.
The Application will open Wednesday, January 4, 2023. The application must be submitted online via a customized LSU Summer Scholars Program Application link. There, you can start, stop, and finish the application at any time using your login and password before the April 24, 2023 deadline.
Students selected to participate in the Summer Scholars Program must:
- Be a member of historically underrepresented minority group:
- African American
- Asian American
- Native American / Alaskan Native
- Native Hawaiian / Other Pacific Islander
- Two or more races, when one or more are from the preceding racial and ethnic categories in this list
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Be admitted to LSU for the Summer 2023 or Fall 2023 semester terms as a first-year freshman
- Have a minimum 3.0 high school GPA
- Demonstrate exceptional academic ability and achievement, having a competitive ACT or SAT score and a 3.0 or above cumulative unweighted GPA. ** Non-test applicants are welcome to apply**
- Be available to attend the Summer Scholars Program for the entire seven-week summer session: June 26 – August 8, 2023
- Be available to attend ALL classes during the LSU Summer Session C term: July 3 – August 7, 2023
- Plan to continue enrollment and graduate from Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College
Summer Scholar Program participants will be awarded a summer only scholarship that will cover tuition, housing, and a meal plan. Students will also participate in cultural enrichment experiences and celebrate summer accomplishments at a closing ceremony.
Program participants may be required to cover some LSU fees and additional expenses such as parking, books, and other incidental charges.
The Summer Scholar Scholarship includes the following:
- Tuition for 6 hour credit courses ($1,844.80)
- Required Tuition Fees ($309.20)
- Operational Fee ($36)
- Nonresident Fee for Out of State Students ($4,104)
- Housing in a Residential Hall for Summer Session C Term ($1,573.80)
- Summer Meal Plan from July 7 – August 7, 2023
The following fees are the responsibility of the participant:
LSU Summer Orientation Fee ($160)
**Bengal Bound Orientation is required for ALL incoming freshmen. Students who are scheduled to attend Bengal Bound after July 3, will be rescheduled to a Bengal Bound session during the week of June 26. **
- Academic Excellence Fee ($123)
- Student Excellence Fee ($419)
- Building Use Fee ($24)
- Technology Fee ($30)
- Textbooks/Materials/Class Fee (Average $300 for 2 classes)
- Summer Campus Parking –only if parking vehicle on campus ($80)
- Meals prior to July 3 and above what SSP provides
Note: The LSU Board of Supervisors may modify above fees without advanced notice. To view the most updated tuition and fee schedule, please click on this link to view the LSU Budget and Planning Fee Schedules.