Currently, we are not accepting applications for 2021. Should LSU make adjustments regarding in-person summer classes and campus housing, we will provide an update on our website to indicate if we begin accepting applications for this year.
Students selected to participate in the Summer Scholars Program must:
- Be a member of historically underrepresented minority group:
- African American
- Asian American
- Native American / Alaskan Native
- Native Hawaiian / Other Pacific Islander
- Two or more races, when one or more are from the preceding racial and ethnic categories in this list
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Be admitted to LSU for the Summer 2021 or Fall 2021 semester terms as a first year freshmen
- Be available to attend the Summer Scholar program for the entire nine week summer session.
- Be available to attend ALL classes during the LSU Summer term.
- Plan to continue enrollment and graduate from Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College
- Demonstrate exceptional academic ability and achievement, having a 24 or higher composite score on the ACT (or SAT equivalent) and a 3.0 or above cumulative unweighted GPA
Summer Scholar Program participants will be awarded a summer only scholarship that will cover tuition, housing, and a meal plan. Students will also participate in cultural enrichment experiences and celebrate summer accomplishments at a closing ceremony.
Program participants may be required to cover some LSU fees and additional expenses such as parking, books, and other incidental charges.
The Summer Scholar Scholarship includes the following:
- Tuition for 2 three credit hour courses ($1,844.80)
- Required Tuition Fees ($309.20)
- Operational Fee ($36)
- Nonresident Fee for Out of State Students ($4,104)
- Housing in a Residential Hall ($1,527.60)
- Summer Meal Plan
The following fees are the responsibility of the participant:
- LSU Summer Orientation Fee ($140)
**Freshmen Orientation is required for ALL incoming freshmen. Students who paid the Fall Freshmen Orientation Fee will NOT be additional charged the Summer Orientation Fee. Your payment will be credited to the Summer Orientation Fee. Students who attend SPIN has met the Freshmen Orientation requirement and will NOT be charged the Summer Orientation Fee. **
- Academic Excellence Fee ($123)
- Student Excellence Fee ($419)
- Building Use Fee ($24)
- Technology Fee ($30)
- Textbooks/Materials/Class Fee (Average $300 for 2 classes)
- Summer Campus Parking –only if parking vehicle on campus ($80)
- Meals prior to June 8th and above what SSP provides
Note: The LSU Board of Supervisors may modify above fees without advanced notice. To view the most updated tuition and fee schedule, please click on this link to view the LSU Budget and Planning Fee Schedules.