Wei-Hsung Wang, Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor of Physics
Ph.D., 2000 - Purdue University
Louisiana State University
Radiation Safety Office
125 Nuclear Science Bldg.
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-5820
Director, Radiation Safety Office
Professor, Center for Energy Studies
- applied health physics/operational radiation safety
- Radiation detection instrumentation/gamma spectrometry
- air monitoring methodology
- radioactive waste management
- nuclear safety
Current and Select Publications
- Marceau-Day ML, Teague RE, Wang W-H, "The use of photographic film to pin-point accelerator beam losses," Health Phys 101(Suppl 2):S121-S123; 2011.
- Ellwood BB, Tomkin J, Wang W-H, "High resolution magnetostratigraphy susceptibility (MS) and gamma radiation (GR) measurements from three coeval upper Cretaceous stratigraphic sequences in Colorado: Testing MS and GR variations arising from detrital components in variably weathered marine sedimentary rocks (invited), "American Geophysical Union National Meeting, December 13-17, San Francisco, CA, 2010.
- Clark M, Ellwood BB, Wang W-H, Babcock LE, Tomkin JH, "The Drumian (Cambrian) global boundary stratotype section and point (GSSP): Applying high resolution geophysical techniques, magnetic susceptibility (MS) and gamma ray (GR) spectroscopy, as supplemental stratigraphic data sets used in interpreting critical geological sequences," The Geological Society of America Annual Meeting, October 31 to November 3, Denver, CO, 2010.
- Wilson IV CA, Wang W-H, "Assessment of the potential for building a low level radioactive waste facility in northern Louisiana," Health Phys99, S25; 2010.
- He Y, Hung H, Wu X, Kastin AJ, Khan RS, Pistell PJ, Wang W-H, Feng J, Li Z, Guo X, Pan W, "Interleukin-15 receptor is essential to facilitate GABA transmission and hippocampal-dependent memory," J Neurosci 30, 4725-4734; 2010.
- Ly H, Shea R, Sonoc S, Wang W-H, "Laser safety training programs," Book chapter, CLSOs' Best Practices in Laser Safety (ISBN: 978-0-912035-90-1). Laser Institute of America, 2008.
- Amitzi A, Sobczak AM, Sonoc S, Wang W-H, "Manual hazard calculations," Book chapter, CLSOs' Best Practices in Laser Safety (ISBN: 978-0-912035-90-1). Laser Institute of America, 2008.
- Powers J, Shea R, Winfree S, Wang W-H, "Self-audit," Book chapter, CLSOs' Best Practices in Laser Safety (ISBN: 978-0-912035-90-1). Laser Institute of America, 2008.
- Wang W-H, Matthews II KL, Teague RE, "Dose rates of a cobalt-60 pool irradiator measured with Fricke dosimeters," Health Phys 94(Suppl 2), S44-S50; 2008.