Wei-Hsung Wang, Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor of Physics
Ph.D., 2000 - Purdue University
Louisiana State University
Radiation Safety Office
125 Nuclear Science Bldg.
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-5820
Director, Radiation Safety Office
Associate Professor, Center for Energy Studies
- applied health physics/operational radiation safety
- Radiation detection instrumentation/gamma spectrometry
- air monitoring methodology
- radioactive waste management
- nuclear safety
Current and Select Publications
- Marceau-Day ML, Teague RE, Wang W-H, "The use of photographic film to pin-point accelerator
beam losses," Health Phys 101(Suppl 2):S121-S123; 2011.
- Ellwood BB, Tomkin J, Wang W-H, "High resolution magnetostratigraphy susceptibility
(MS) and gamma radiation (GR) measurements from three coeval upper Cretaceous stratigraphic
sequences in Colorado: Testing MS and GR variations arising from detrital components
in variably weathered marine sedimentary rocks (invited), "American Geophysical Union
National Meeting, December 13-17, San Francisco, CA, 2010.
- Clark M, Ellwood BB, Wang W-H, Babcock LE, Tomkin JH, "The Drumian (Cambrian) global
boundary stratotype section and point (GSSP): Applying high resolution geophysical
techniques, magnetic susceptibility (MS) and gamma ray (GR) spectroscopy, as supplemental
stratigraphic data sets used in interpreting critical geological sequences," The Geological
Society of America Annual Meeting, October 31 to November 3, Denver, CO, 2010.
- Wilson IV CA, Wang W-H, "Assessment of the potential for building a low level radioactive
waste facility in northern Louisiana," Health Phys99, S25; 2010.
- He Y, Hung H, Wu X, Kastin AJ, Khan RS, Pistell PJ, Wang W-H, Feng J, Li Z, Guo X,
Pan W, "Interleukin-15 receptor is essential to facilitate GABA transmission and hippocampal-dependent
memory," J Neurosci 30, 4725-4734; 2010.
- Ly H, Shea R, Sonoc S, Wang W-H, "Laser safety training programs," Book chapter, CLSOs' Best Practices in Laser Safety (ISBN: 978-0-912035-90-1). Laser Institute of America, 2008.
- Amitzi A, Sobczak AM, Sonoc S, Wang W-H, "Manual hazard calculations," Book chapter,
CLSOs' Best Practices in Laser Safety (ISBN: 978-0-912035-90-1). Laser Institute of America, 2008.
- Powers J, Shea R, Winfree S, Wang W-H, "Self-audit," Book chapter, CLSOs' Best Practices in Laser Safety (ISBN: 978-0-912035-90-1). Laser Institute of America, 2008.
- Wang W-H, Matthews II KL, Teague RE, "Dose rates of a cobalt-60 pool irradiator measured with Fricke dosimeters," Health Phys 94(Suppl 2), S44-S50; 2008.