The Heat Exchanger Network
To download this installation program or Manuals, left click once on the corresponding link, select local directory you wish to download file.
- Download The Heat Exchanger Network(THEN)Program(Installation Files)
- Download The Heat Exchanger Network(THEN)Manual(.pdf File)
THEN is a heat exchanger network synthesis program that was developed by Professor F.C. Knopf at Louisiana State University. It integrates the networks of heat exchangers, boilers, condensers and furnaces for best energy utilization. It uses thermodynamic pinch analysis as the basis for designing a network.
THEN uses pinch analysis for the optimum design of heat exchanger network. It employs three concepts: the composite curves, the grid diagram of process stream and the pinch point; and these are applied to minimize the energy use in the process. This program takes the necessary streams information from the user and decides the best arrangement of heat exchangers, heaters and coolers so that the amount of utilities needed such as cooling water and steam is minimized. It plots the Grand Composite Curve (GCC), which shows the enthalpy of the process streams as a function of temperature. It also shows the heat exchanger network design in a graphical form as the network grid diagram for visualization of the network configuration.
The installation procedure and hardware and system requirements for The Heat Exchanger Network are given below. The setup program will install the Heat Exchanger Network and the Help system to your hard disk.
Hardware and System Requirements
To run the Heat Exchanger Network, you must have certain hardware and software installed on your computer. The system requirements include:
- Any IBM compatible machine with Pentium 133 processor or higher
- 8 megabytes available space (minimum)
- Any display supported by Windows 7
- A mouse or other suitable pointing device
- Windows 7 or later, or Windows NT 4.0
The Heat Exchanger Network (THEN) program must be installed under Windows 7 or Windows NT. The procedure to install the program is described as following: <
- Run the "ThenInst.exe" program under Windows 7 or NT.
- The default destination directory is "C:\program FIles\then" into which the THEN program will be copied when the setup program is run. This can be changed in the setup program.
- Run the program "then.exe" in the installation directory.
To run The Heat Exchanger Network, the system requires certain .dll and .ocx files. The installation program copies the required files into the system directory if those files are not available in the system. If older versions of the files exist, then the installation program updates these files. The setup program provides an option to restore the initial .dll and .ocx files in the uninstall procedure. If the destination computer is on a network, the program can be installed only if the user has the permission to install(contact the system administrator).