T-Shirt Design Contest
Show Us Your Creative Talent Robert Reich School Students!
Contest Winner $500, Facebook People's Choice Winner $250
Contest registration: September 4, 2018
Design submissions: September 30, 2018
Any undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in the Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture.
- The T-Shirt Design must be your own original, unpublished work. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work, and Hilltop has exclusive rights to use your design.
- Although the front of the design is primary, you may also use the back of the T-Shirt in your overall design plan. The T-Shirt is intended for adults both men and women.
- The LSU Hilltop Arboretum name should be included in the design.
- The design should feature at least three of Hilltop's signature plants in a way that
conveys their overall form, leaves and flowers:
- Southern Magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora)
- American Hop Hornbeam (Ostrya virginiana)
- Silverbell (Halesia diptera)
- Starbush (Illicium floridanum)
- Native Azalea (Rhododendron canescens)
- Oakleaf Hydrangea (Hydrangea quercifolia)
A great resource book for botanical renderings of Louisiana plants is Flora of Louisiana: Watercolor Drawings by Margaret Stones published by the LSU Press. Her original drawings can be viewed by special appointment at Hill Memorial Library on the LSU campus.
- As the designer, you get to recommend the color of the T-Shirt that you believe best compliments your design. The design can utilize as many as 10 spot colors. You may want to recommend a different color for men versus women or one color for both.
- Your design entry should include:
- A high resolution JPG or PNG of just the design image
- A JPG or PNG of the design placed on a t-shirt template to show the design placement. Size and garment color is not required but would be helpful. There are free online programs of your choice for T-Shirt mock-ups.
- The designer's signature incorporated into the design in an unobtrusive way is allowed.
- Submit your design online to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of September 30, 2018.
T-Shirt Judging Criteria:
- Our contest judges will evaluate the T-Shirt design based on the following criteria:
- Submission meets criteria stated above
- Creativity and innovation
- Eye appeal, color and layout
- The judges will include representatives of the LSU Hilltop Arboretum and faculty of the Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture
Contest Awards (Announced October 15, 2018):
- The winning designer will receive a $500 reward.
- The top five designs will be featured in a Facebook Contest for a People's Choice Award of $250. The winning design may then be used to help promote Hilltop programming.
Purpose of T-Shirt:
The winning design will be printed on high quality t-shirts and given away to Friends of Hilltop Arboretum as a perk of membership and sold in our gift shop at the arboretum to the general public.
Contact Peggy Coates at the LSU Hilltop Arboretum at email@example.com or call 225-767-6916.