Industrial Engineering Accreditation
The LSU Industrial Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Consistent with LSU’s mission, industrial engineering graduates will:
- Pursue successful careers in industrial, governmental, academic, and non-profit organizations because of their rigorous preparation in engineering sciences, problem solving, and engineering design.
- Lead and participate in teams because of their communication skills, ability to work in groups, and ethical awareness.
- Adapt to evolving technological and societal needs because of their broad knowledge base and strong core engineering competencies.
Program Student Outcomes
The industrial engineering program produces graduates who are prepared to enter the professional practice of industrial engineering with:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment||Awarded Degrees|