The Louisiana State University Writing Project, in conjunction with The National Writing Project (NWP), is dedicated to improving student writing and the teaching of writing in the nation's schools and beyond. Through this partnership with the NWP, LSU WP extends opportunities for local teachers, principals, and other educators to engage in intensive writing professional development through graduate course offerings. Despite rapid changes in communication, in literacy education, and in teaching, writing remains a powerful mechanism and a powerful way to transform lives.
Given the current state of literacy education, the Writing Project directors have decided to use the 2024 summer to connect with schools and educators and learn about their writing professional development needs. The LSU WP Invitational Summer Institute will not occur in 2024, and will resume in 2025. You can still learn about the process of applying below.
The LSU WP Co-Directors invite interested educators to apply to the LSU WP Invitational Summer Institute, a two-week intensive professional development experience offered through six (6) hours of graduate credit. The Invitational Summer Institute includes two (2) co-requisite graduate courses:
- EDCI 7311.1 Institute I, and
- EDCI 7311.2 Institute II,
If interested in becoming a NWP teacher consultant, an electronic letter of application must be submitted, sharing the following:
- Why you would be an excellent candidate to participate in the Invitational Summer Institute
- Name, title, e-mail (contact information) of two individuals who can serve as references
- Submit letter, including references, to Margaret-Mary Sulentic Dowell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Courtney A. Brown (email@example.com).