Procurement Code Policies & Procedures
University policy, state law or Federal statute as well as purchasing best practices described in these policies & procedures shall govern the purchasing process.
These policies & procedures apply to the following campuses:
- LSU and A&M College,
- the Paul M. Hebert Law Center,
- the LSU Agricultural Center,
- LSU at Alexandria,
- LSU Eunice,
- LSU Shreveport and
- Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
Policies provides a summation of the approved course or method of action to be taken for a particular subject matter (Why and When).
Procedures provides an overview of the steps and identifies the parties involved in an approved process (What and Who).
Tasks provides a list of steps to be taken by an individual participating in an approved process (How).
Forms collect detailed information required to properly identify the need/purchase.
Policies & Procedures as well as subsequent Tasks and Forms are specifically numbered to tie to the applicable section in the Procurement Code.
The documents are prefixed with the below abbreviation:
An example of the numbering mechanism is:
- POL-U501 ties to section 501 of the Procurement Code which is titled Types of Competitive Methods
- PRO-U501A.01 ties to section 501.A.01 which is specific to Invitation To Bid
- POL-U501: Methods and Thresholds for Procuring Goods and Services
- POL-U501.A: Methods and Thresholds for Procuring Goods and Services with Federal Funds
- POL-U2303.C: Conflict of Interest in Procurement
- PRO-U501.A.01: Invitation to Bid (ITB)
- PRO-U501.B.02: Request for Responses (RFR)
- PRO-U501.A.03: Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- PRO-U501.B.01: Sole Source Procurements
- PRO-U525.A: Exceptions to the Competitive Solicitation Process
- PRO-U525.A.25: Used Equipment & Antique Procurements
- PRO-U525.A.31: Dues, Registrations, and Membership Fees
- PRO-U525.A.36: Small Purchases
- PRO-U525.C: Cooperative Purchasing Agreements
- TSK-U501.A.03.1: Request for Quotation (RFQ) - DSOL
- TSK-U501.A.03.2: Request for Quotation (RFQ) - Beyond Departmental Delegated Authority
- TSK-U501.B.01.1: Sole Source Procurements - Patented Technology
- TSK-U501.B.01.2: Sole Source Procurements - Continuity of Research
- TSK-U501.B.01.3: Sole Source Procurements - Compatibility with Existing Goods/Services
- TSK-U501.B.01.4: Sole Source Procurements - Proprietary Technology
- TSK-U501.B.01.5: Sole Source Procurements - Grant Requirement
- TSK-U501.B.02.1: Request for Responses (RFR) - Departments
- TSK-U501.B.02.2: Request for Responses (RFR) - Procurement
Table of Contents
§ 307. Delegation and Revocation of Purchasing Authority to Departments
Chapter 5 Competitive Solicitations
- Invitation to Bid (ITB)
- Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Request for Quote and Qualification (RFQQ)
- Competitive Reverse Auction (CRA) - Not currently utilized
- Solicitation for Offers (SFO)
- Cooperative Buying Organizations (CBO)
B. Other Procurement Methods
§ 505. Competitive Thresholds
- Information Technology
- Professional Services
- Specialty Services
§525. Exceptions to the Competitive Solicitation Process