Please note: LSU Testing Center is currently closed for testing until further notice.
The LSU Testing Center for the GRE/Praxis exams in Himes 137 is also closed. Please contact the ETS website for further information regarding the GRE and Praxis exams.
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Placement/Credit by Examination
Testing & Evaluation Services administers placement/credit by examination exams on a regular basis.
- Students may only take a specific placement/credit by examination exam one time.
- Students should consult with an Academic Advisor to determine the need to take a placement/credit by examination exam.
- For more information about other foreign languages exams not listed below, please visit the LSU Foreign Languages page.
|Algebra||30 minutes - standard scientific calculator allowed|
|Calculus||90 minutes - no calculator allowed|
|Trigonometry||35 minutes - standard scientific calculator allowed|
Incoming Freshmen Students (Placement Exams)
All incoming freshmen have the ability to take these placement exams until the last day to add classes of their first semester. After the last day to add classes, students are no longer considered "incoming freshmen" and must follow the procedure described below for continuing students. More information about placement exams will be communicated as part of the orientation process.
Continuing and Incoming Transfer Students (Credit by Examination)
LSU Testing Center is currently not open for testing. Students may elect to take exams via remote proctoring with ProctorU.
Continuing and incoming Transfer students must complete the below steps established by the Office of the University Registrar in sequence to take a credit by examination exam:
- Student contacts their Academic Advisor for a "Request to Take Advanced Standing/Proficiency/Credit
Exam" form. Approval from both the college and the department offering the course
- Student emails approved form to the Office of the University Registrar, email@example.com, to be assessed the $20.00 registration fee.
- Student pays $20.00 registration fee through myLSU account or contacts the Office
of Bursar Operations to make payment, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student emails the Office of the University Registrar, email@example.com, with payment receipt.
- The Office of the University Registrar provides the student with the electronic copy
of the “Authorization to Take Exam” (ticket).
- For exams administered by the LSU Testing Center, student must complete the following
- Student emails the signed “Authorization to Take Exam” (ticket) to the Office of Testing
and Evaluation Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office of Testing and Evaluation Services will charge the $20.00 testing fee to the
student’s fee bill.
- Once the signed “Authorization to Take Exam” is received by Office of Testing and
Evaluation Services, the student will receive directions for taking the Credit by
Examination online or in the LSU Testing Center. If student is taking the exam online
via ProctorU they will pay a $15.00 fee to ProctorU per exam.
- Student emails the signed “Authorization to Take Exam” (ticket) to the Office of Testing and Evaluation Services, email@example.com.
- For exams administered by the department, student follows instructions from the department.
- For exams administered by the LSU Testing Center, student must complete the following additional steps: