Meet Our Team
Matt Lee, PhD
Interim Executive Director for International Programs
Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Support Services
Professor of Sociology
- Administration, Development and Outreach
- Academic Programs Abroad
- International Services
- International Cultural Center
- English Language and Orientation Program
Administration, Development and Outreach (ADO) is the primary administrative unit of International Programs that collaborates and supports each unit through: strategic partnership development, marketing and communications, human resources, and front desk management.
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- International Agreements and Partnerships
Academic Programs Abroad (APA) facilitates student exchange, offering offer LSU students a wide range of safe and affordable opportunities to participate in long and short-term programs abroad or in the United States. APA also handles incoming semester- and/or academic year-long international student exchanges from our bilateral agreements.
For general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harald Leder, PhD
Programs and Exchanges in Europe
Study Abroad Program Manager
Programs and Exchanges outside of Europe
Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
International Services (ISO) provides primarily US Immigration advisory services to international students regarding their educational, financial, immigration, personal and social concerns in relation to their status in the US. Similar services are available to international faculty and research scholars. ISO is responsible for the University's compliance with US federal regulations which pertain to non-immigrant students and employees.
For general questions and questions about insurance waiver process, please email email@example.com.
- Supervisor of International Services unit
- Primary official (PDSO and RO) for DHS - SEVP (Student Exchange Visitor Program)
- J-1 degree seeking and exchange students advisor
- Advisor for incoming international Fulbright degree seeking students
- General assistance
- Advising and assistance with student petitions to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Overall advising and guidance for international student population on maintenance of immigration student status
- Advising on F-1 Extensions, Travel, Visas, F-2 Dependents, Immigration Documents
- Supervise international student admissions process and issuance of initial I-20 certificate of eligibility
- J-1 Exchange Visitors or Visiting Scholars
- International employees including H-1B, TN, E-3, O-1
- Permanent Residence or Green Card sponsorships and processing particularly for international faculty
- Educational and Cultural Programing particularly for International Scholars
Orientation and Employment Services Coordinator
- Coordinator of new international student orientation
- Document processing/ advisement on non-immigrant student employment issues
- On-campus employment (LSU - Baton Rouge Campus only) and Vendor Work Permit
- Off Campus Employment such as CPT, OPT and STEM OPT
Documentation Services Coordinator
- Prospective and Newly Admitted International Applicants
SEVIS Compliance Coordinator
- Currently enrolled F-1 students who need I-20 updates
- Specific letters requests
LSU Global Coordinator
- LSU Global and ELOP student advisor: current and prospective students
Administrative Program Specialist
- J-1 Professor/Scholar/Researcher Requests
- DS-2019 (J-1) Form Generation and Production
- New J-1 Professor/Scholar/Researcher Orientation
- Documentation/Monitoring for J-1 Scholar Spouse and/or Children (J-2)
- Sponsored Student Billing Contracts and Inquiries
The International Cultural Center serves to promote international friendship and facilitate greater interaction and understanding between the international students at LSU and the Baton Rouge Community through educational, cultural, and social activities.
For general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interim ICC Manager: Margaret Jo Borland
The English Language & Orientation Program (ELOP) provides English language training and preparation for international students seeking admission to LSU.
- ESL Instructional Program
- Immigration Advisor
Andrew Donald Davis