Our faculty has produced some amazing books! See below to find one or a few to add to your reading list.
- Dr. Lori Martin and colleagues Kenneth J. Fasching-Varner and Nicholas D. Hartlep (2017) discuss today's college sports in Pay to Play: Race and the Perils of the College Sports Industrial Complex. An important topic for all college sports fans, you can get it here.
- Dr. Dana Berkowitz covers the trend of Botox in her book Botox Nation: Changing the Face of America. She uses qualitative interviews to understand beauty and aging in today's world. Get your copy here.
- Dr. Lori Martin and Raymond Jetson put together this history of South Baton Rouge, one of the first places for freed African Americans to live, work, and prosper. For those who love history and Louisiana, get this book for their coffee table here.
- Dr. Martin is also co-editor on a volume about race and schools. The chapters within this critical demography perspective place racism central to understanding the public school system. Find your copy here.
- Dr. Martin co-edits a volume about the school-to-prison pipeline. The authors interrogate the ways in which student behavior is criminalized and how these behaviors turn schools into pipelines to prison. You can find it here.
- Dr. Wesley Shrum and co-author Greg Scott provide a methods book on Video Ethnography. From planning to producing, the book covers how to do social analysis using video. Find yours here.