Prior to purchase of departmental uniforms, a written policy approved by the Department Head must be submitted to the Assistant Vice President for Procurement for review and approval.
The uniform policy must address the following:
- Minimum criteria for consideration:
- Employees must have exposure to University personnel and the public. (i.e. Facility Services, Residential Life, etc).
- The mission of the department must warrant the issuance of uniforms to its employees.
- Uniforms must be mandatory dress for employees.
- A listing of the job classifications of the employees that will receive the uniforms must be included.
- Additional Requirements:
- The uniform color shall accurately reflect the mission of the department and University.
- All logos and artwork are to be approved by Public Affairs (per PS-10) and Trademark Licensing (per PS-93).
- Items must be durable and of reasonable cost.
- Replacement policy for the items must be addressed.
- Responsibility for laundering the items by employees must be addressed.
- Responsibilities of the employees concerning care and wear of the uniforms must be described.