Supplier Quotation Forms
To avoid procurement delays, departments should advise suppliers of the following minimal requirements for a valid and acceptable quotation:
- Quotations must be signed.
- Prices must be quoted F.O.B. LSU/Destination; i.e. title does not pass to LSU until
receipt and unit prices quoted inclusive of freight. Quotes stating F.O.B. Origin/Shipping Point and/or Freight Collect are not acceptable.
- If freight is quoted separately and not included in the unit prices, it must be quoted as a definitive or ‘not to exceed’ amount. Estimated freight charges to be prepaid and added to the invoice are not acceptable.
- Payment terms must be at least Net 30 days from date of invoice, or from LSU receipt and acceptance, whichever is later. Supplier payment terms requiring advance payments (partial or full), C.O.D., or less than 30 days are not acceptable. Prompt payment discount terms (e.g. 2%/10 Days/Net 30) are acceptable.
- The LSU purchase must be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana. Governing laws of another state are not acceptable.