Perkins Loans are serviced through Bursar Operations, Perkins Loan office. These loans have a 5% interest rate, principal nor interest accrues while a borrower is enrolled at least half-time and borrowers receive an initial nine month grace period before entering repayment. Principal nor interest accrues during the grace period.
The Perkins Loan program is governed by Federal Regulations and guidelines and allows for loan cancellation for work performed in specific career fields. Over a five year period, if approval criteria are met, a borrower who is employed in fields such as, but not limited to, law enforcement, nursing, or teaching in a low income school can have up to 100% of his/her loan canceled.
Perkins Loan Forms
General Borrower Information
Loan Deferment Requests
- Application for Forbearance
- Deferment Request Due to Economic Hardship
- Deferment Request Due to Employment
- Deferment Request Due to Student Enrollment/Education
- Deferment Request Due to Unemployment
- Military Service and Post-Active Duty Student Deferment Request
Loan Cancellation Request
Payment Arrangement Request
Loan Discharge Requests
- Loan Discharge Application: Spouses and Parents of 9/11/2001 Victims
***To apply for a Total and Permanent Disability Discharge, please refer to the U.S. Department of Education Disability Discharge website.