Facility Rentals & Photography
Let the historic, natural charm of the LSU Rural Life Museum and Windrush Gardens serve as the perfect backdrop for your wedding, rehearsal dinner, luncheon or other special event. Brides and corporate clients from all over the region have chosen us for a special destination location.
If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth McInnis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LSU Rural Life Museum and Windrush Gardens are available for your portraits. Appointments are required for all photography sessions. In order to schedule a photography session, please contact Carrie Couvillon at (225)765-2437 or email@example.com.
Afterhours appointments are allowed for an additional fee, but please aware of the
following before booking an afterhours session.
- The LATEST you can arrive is 4:30pm because the gift shop, where all photography sessions are purchased, closes at that time. If you are running late, please call the main line at (225) 765-2437, otherwise you will miss your appointment.
- ALL of the buildings are closed for afterhours appointments. This includes the historic outbuildings, the restrooms and the changing room.
- You will only be able to take pictures around the grounds and on the porches of the historic buildings during an afterhours session.
- If you want pictures inside the church, then the latest you need to arrive is 4:00pm.
The following information is needed in order to schedule an appointment:
- Duration: Start Time and End Time of session
- Name of Contact Person
- Contact Person's Phone Number
- Is a changing room needed? There is only 1 changing room available, so a reservation is required for its use. The changing is not available for an afterhours appointment.
- Type of Session: Bridal, Engagement, Family, Maternity, Senior, Baby, Before Wedding or After Wedding portraits
- Location: Rural Life Museum grounds, Windrush Gardens or Both
- Name of Photographer
The changing room is reserved only for wardrobe changes. Please arrive with hair and make-up already done.
Prices (per Session/Client)
Rural Life Museum - $70.00
Windrush Gardens - $70.00
Both Museum and Gardens - $140.00
Since photography sessions are dependent upon the weather, all sessions are paid the day of your appointment at the LSU Rural Life Museum's gift shop.
The Rural Life Museum and Windrush Gardens is located at 4560 Essen Lane. After driving through the front gate on Essen Lane, continue driving 1.5 miles back on the property. All RLM and Windrush Garden photography sessions need to be purchased at the museum's front desk/gift shop area.