Submission Proposal Guidelines
The Louisiana Applied and Educational Oil Spill Research and Development Program (OSRADP) (under the authority of the Louisiana Oil Spill Coordinator) was authorized under the Oil Spill Prevention and Response Act (OSPRA) (Act 7) as amended. Louisiana State University (LSU) was authorized to provide subcontracts or letter agreements through the OSRADP Administrator to Louisiana's public institutions of higher education to accomplish applied research on the following topics:
- spill[s] of opportunity;
- research, testing, and development of discharge prevention and response technology;
- discharge response training;
- wildlife and natural resources protection, rescue, and rehabilitation;
- development of computer models to predict the movements and impacts of discharges; and
- other purposes consistent with and in furtherance of the Act's purpose.