LSU Alumni Association International Student Scholarship
Each year the Office of International Programs facilitates the LSU Alumni Association International Student Scholarship program. This program offers four non-immigrant (temporary U.S. visa status) international students a $2,500 one-time cash award to be credited to the student’s account at the university. The scholarship is merit-based and requires a minimum 3.5 GPA.
Applicants are encouraged to provide evidence of:
- Leadership Experience: students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership skills, involvement in organizations, and community service, both in their home country and in the local community.
- Global Engagement: students who have engaged with the LSU and local community, thus fostering the internationalization of LSU.
- Diversity: students who have overcome challenges, or who come from diverse and underrepresented circumstances.
The application cycle for 2020 awards is open from January 31 - February 21. Applications received after the deadline of February 21 will not be considered.
The application is available online only. Please review the application and collect all necessary information before beginning. You will be asked to provide the following:
- Education history
- Scholarships, fellowships, or grants awarded
- Academic honors and/or recognition
- A current CV (uploaded as .docx or .pdf)
- A statement telling the committee of the candidate’s strengths in leadership, engagement, diversity, and academic achievements other than GPA (maximum of 300 words)
- A short statement summarizing the value of coming to LSU may have in furthering your career from an international perspective (maximum 100 words)
- Name and contact information for two instructors or professors with whom one has taken an academic course
To apply please complete the form here and complete all information requested. Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application includes a completed online application and two letters of recommendation emailed directly to email@example.com attention "2020 International Student Scholarship".