LSU Alumni Association International Student Scholarship
The application cycle for the 2019 LSU Alumni Association International Student Scholarship is now open and will close on Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 at 4:30pm. Application packets should be submitted in hard copy form to LSU International Programs, 101 Hatcher Hall.
Please note that this a merit based scholarship; you must have a GPA of at least 3.5 to be considered for this award. Please see below for additional qualification requirements.
Please read CAREFULLY the qualifications to receive this scholarship, listed below:
Applications are accepted for undergraduate and graduate students who:
- Have completed and earned at least 30.0 classroom credit hours (Undergraduate) or 12.0 credit hours (graduate) at LSU by the end of the current semester, AND
- Have a minimum of AT LEAST a 3.50 or equivalent on LSU course work and overall (cumulative) grade point average, AND
- Are classified as a non-immigrant (temporary U.S. visa status) while attending LSU.
Applicants are encouraged to provide evidence of:
- Leadership Experience: students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership skills, involvement in organizations, and community service, both in their home country and in the local community.
- Global Engagement: students who have engaged with the LSU and local community, thus fostering the internationalization of LSU. Winners may be asked to represent LSU on international educational missions.
- Diversity: students who have overcome challenges, or who come from diverse and underrepresented circumstances.
- Completed application form.
- Two letters of recommendation from LSU instructors or professors with whom one has completed/are taking a course.
- A short CV that includes a statement telling the selection committee of the candidate’s strengths in leadership, engagement, diversity, and academic achievements other than GPA (maximum of 300 words).
- A short statement summarizing the value of coming to LSU may have in furthering your career from an international perspective (maximum 100 words).
This is a $2,500 one-time cash award to be credited to the student’s account at the university.
Four scholarships will be awarded: 2 undergraduate (1 male, 1 female) and 2 graduate (1 male, 1 female).
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 4:30pm January 15th, 2019 AND MUST INCLUDE FALL 2018 ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE.
The applicant is responsible for submitting all required application materials to LSU International Programs.
Attn: LSU Alumni Association International Student Scholarship
Dr. Hector Zapata
Associate Vice Provost for International Programs
Past Presidents of the LSU Alumni Association Alumni Professor
LSU International Programs
101 Hatcher Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Questions? Please email email@example.com