International Cultural Center
Welcome to the International Cultural Center (ICC) and Louisiana State University!
The ICC provides orientation, programming, and ongoing support to over 1,500 international students and family members, as well as to over 150 international scholars and faculty.
We also offer a variety of educational, social, and cultural programs for all students throughout the year.
Our goal is to promote interaction among students of all cultures and help develop a globally enriched learning environment throughout the LSU community.
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to facilitate international diversity, foster global understanding and awareness, and enhance internationalization efforts throughout the LSU & Baton Rouge community. We envision a welcoming campus environment where students, faculty, and staff value cultural diversity and actively engage in our global community.
What We Do
The ICC supports the LSU international population through:
- Providing resources and support for the successful transition and inclusion of international students on LSU's campus and in the Baton Rouge community
- Inviting students, scholars, faculty and staff to participate in ICC programming
- Collaborating with LSU colleges, departments, community partners, and registered LSU student organizations to broaden the scope of events at the ICC
- Providing opportunities for event and programming requests, volunteering, student employment, and feedback
- Hosting a roommate search board for students to find housing in Baton Rouge
Situated close to the University Lakes, the ICC is an ideal location for meetings, workshops, and parties. Learn more about our facility capacity and how to rent our space for events, visit our facility page.
We invite you to regularly check the ICC website for upcoming programs and activities. Our dedicated staff are here to help you succeed at Louisiana State University and make your stay a memorable one.
The Swap Shop is a space in the ICC dedicated to providing LSU international students with gently used household items so that they may furnish their homes with essentials for free. International students may access this space during the ICC's office hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
The Swap Shop relies on donations from the LSU & Baton Rouge community. If you are interested in donating, you may drop off items at the ICC during office hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm. If donations must be dropped off outside of these office hours, donations may be placed in the front entrance courtyard. Please review the list of accepted donation items below:
- Gently Used: duvets, sheets, pillows, blankets, air mattresses, silverware, plates, cups, bowls, cutting boards, knives, microwaves, mini fridges, toasters, pots & pans, irons, ironing boards, trash cans, hangers, drying racks, wash cloths, rugs, shower curtains, bath mats, lamps, mirrors, towels, hair dryers, mops, brooms, dust pans, vacuums, backpacks, pens & pencils, calculators, coffee makers
- New & Unopened: laundry detergent, fabric softener, dish soap, sponges, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, tooth brushes, hand soap, body wash, hand sanitizer, sponges, toilet paper, paper towels, notebooks
Any Swap Shop questions should be directed to email@example.com.