Studying in another country for a semester or a year is a life-changing experience personally, academically, and professionally. LSU offers programs at over 180 universities in 50 countries!
- Bilateral Exchanges: you pay tuition/fees at LSU while living and studying at one of our partner universities
- Direct Enroll Programs: you pay tuition/fees "directly" to the host institution (you can still get your LSU financial aid!)
If our partner universities aren't what you're looking for, LSU also belongs to a few consortia of universities around the globe. Because LSU is a member, you are eligible to go to any of their other member institutions. The consortia to which LSU belongs are:
- International Student Exchange Program (ISEP)
- Global Engineering Education Exchange (Global E3) (Open only to Engineering majors.)
- National Student Exchange
Steps to Study Abroad
- Learn about the different types of study abroad programs at LSU.
- Research your options and set your goals (academic, personal, and professional).
- Apply for a passport.
- Attend a one-on-one advising session with a study abroad advisor.
- Submit your application!
- While waiting for your acceptance letter, research life at your host university.
How do you apply? Find the program you're interested in on our study abroad portal and click the Apply Now button!