- Congratulations, Dr. Tina M. Harris! Dr. Harris won the Francine Merritt for Outstanding Contributions to the Lives of Women in Communication.
- Dr. Lori Latrice Martin received the Black Student-Athlete Summit Athletic Leadership Award on January 6, 2021.
- Dr. Solimar Otero has been awarded the 2018 Distinguished Faculty Award for excellence in research, teaching, and service.
- Congratulations to Dr. Sunny Yang for receiving the ACLS (American Council of Learned Societies) fellowship!
- Dr. Herman Kelly was chosen as a recipient of the Kumba Community Member/Organization Award as a part of the 2017-2018 LSU Black History Month Celebration by the LSU Clarence L. Barney Jr. African American Cultural Center.
- Dr. Roland Mitchell was awarded the 2017 LSU Distinguished Faculty Award!
- Keating, K.S., Becker, S., Davis, I., Chandler, T., Slack, T., and Beedasy, J. 2020. Families Coping with Financial Loss Following the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. Family Relations. 69(5): 887-906.
- Gray, B.M., Finley, S.C., and Martin, L.L. (2019). High-Tech Lynching: White Virtual Mobs and University Administrators as Policing Agents in Higher Education. Issues in Race and Society. 8:147-176. Published 2020.
- Gray, B.M., Finley, S.C., & Martin, L.L. (2020). “The Soul of White Folk”: Race, Affect, and Religion in the Religion of White Rage.” In Finley, S.C., Gray, B.M., and Martin, L.L. (Eds). The Religion of White Rage. (1-26). Edinburgh University Press.
- Martin, L.L. (2020). “American (Un) Civil Religion, the Defense of the White Worker, and Responses to NFL Protests. In Finley, S.C., Gray, B.M., and Martin, L.L. (Eds). The Religion of White Rage. (73-84). Edinburgh University Press.
- Martin, L.L., Finley, S.C., and Gray, B.M. (2020). “ Race, Religion, and Labor Studies: The Way Forward.” In Finley, S.C., Gray, B.M., and Martin, L.L. (Eds). The Religion of White Rage. (227-239). Edinburgh University Press.
- Martin, L.L. (Editor). (2020). Introduction to Africana Demography. Brill.
- Finley, S.C., Green, D., Martin, L.L. & Rovaris, D. (Forthcoming). Lifting as We Climb. Western Journal of Black Studies.
- Finley, S.C. and Martin, L.L. (2017). The Complexity of Color and the Religion of Whiteness. In Martin, L.L., Horton, H.D., Herring, C., Keith, V. and M. Thomas. (Eds.). Color Struck. The Netherlands: Sense Publishers. 179-195.
- Drs. Cassandra Cheney and Sonja Wiley introduced a resolution to the Faculty Senate regarding requiring all students complete AAAS 2000 prior to graduation. The idea for the resolution was initiated by the Black Student Athlete Association at LSU and supported by AAAS and a university-wide committee on a diversity required course. Drs. Stephen C. Finley and Lori Latrice Martin were members of the university-wide committee.
- The LSU Board of Supervisors recently approved the independent BA in AAAS.
- Dr. Lori Latrice Martin is part of the LSU President/Chancellor Selection Committee.
- Dr. Finley held the Executive Director position of the Society for the Study of Black Religion (SSBR).
- Dr. Martin is President of Research for ABIS. The organization, which launched in September 2020, is dedicated to addressing racial inequities in sports.
- Congratulations to Dr. Petra Robinson for receiving tenure.
- Congrats to Dr. Bryan McCann being promoted to an associate professor with tenure.
- Congratulations to Dr. Dari Green in being a guest coach in LSU's basketball game against Missouri on February 17, 2018.
- Congratulations extended to Dr. Stephen C. Finley on receiving the prestigious ATLAS grant for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Faculty Affiliate, Dr. Juan Barthelemy accepted a new position in the School of Social Work at the University of Houston.