Social Work Undergraduate Minor
The minor in social work provides undergraduate students an opportunity to acquire substantive academic emphasis in social work practice covering the lifespan from children to older adults.
Students minoring in social work must complete a total of 18 hours.
Required 9 hours
- SW 2000 (3) Introduction to Social Work
- SW 3002 (3) Child & Community
- SW 3003 (3) Skills in Working with People
Remaining 9 hours
- SW 2500 Introduction to LGBTQ Studies
- SW 3007 Juvenile Delinquency
- SW 3011 Community Services & The Aged
- SW 4003 Penology
- SW 4500 Crisis Intervention
- SW 4070 Special Topics in Social Work
Students who wish to declare this minor and have this added to a degree audit must visit their college counselor in their respective colleges. For more information on the minors, please contact: Denise Chiasson at the School of Social Work.