LSU School of Education Partners on Grants to States for School Emergency Management Program
May 20, 2021
BATON ROUGE, LA - The U.S. Department of Education has awarded Grants to States for the School Emergency Management (GSEM) program funds to the Louisiana Department of Education in partnership with LSU’s National Center for Biomedical Research and Training/Academy of Counter-Terrorist Education (LSU NCBRT/ACE). The program goal is to provide training and technical assistance to LEAs for the development and implementation of high-quality school Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs).
EOP Virtual Office Hours:
Open virtual office hours provide a forum for school crisis teams to engage with a panel of subject matter experts from LSU NCBRT/ACE to troubleshoot issues related to building, maintaining, and implementing their school emergency operations plans (EOPs).
- 14 June 2021 10:00 to 11:00 AM | EOP Virtual Office Hours
- 12 July 2021 10:00 to 11:00 AM | EOP Virtual Office Hours
EOP Virtual Seminar Series:
LSU NCBRT/ACE has partnered with the LSU School of Education to host a series of one-hour topic-specific virtual seminar sessions beginning in June. Sessions will include an informational briefing on the week’s topic followed by facilitated discussion to allow participants to share experiences in their school emergency planning processes.
- June 9, 1:00 to 2:00 PM | Partners in Resiliency: A Whole Community Approach to the 5 Mission Areas
- June 23, 10:00 to 11:00 AM | Understanding your Risk: Safety and Security Assessments for Schools
- July 7, 9:00 to 10:00 AM | Forming a Behavioral Threat Assessment Team
Training by Request:
A catalog of courses covering topics related to building and maintaining school EOPs is available to LEAs and schools by request through the GSEM program. Courses are available virtually or in person at no cost to school systems throughout the state. Training requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or register for one of our upcoming trainings below:
- 14 June 2021 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM | Developing and Enhancing School EOPs Virtual Training
- 24 June 2021 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM | Developing and Enhancing School EOPs Virtual Training