The Geology & Geophysics Alumni Council is made up of alumni, friends, and industry
representatives who are committed to and have expressed interest in promoting the
academic and research missions of the department. They are a group dedicated to engaging
alumni, friends, and corporations to the LSU Department of Geology & Geophysics and
enhancing the student experience within the department.
The Alumni Council will achieve these objectives by:
- Building a relationship between G&G alumni and students to foster a culture of giving
among students once they graduate.
- Enriching the educational and research programs in G&G through interaction with its
faculty and students.
- Assisting the Department Chair with fundraising activities that are needed to support
the mission of G&G.
- Enhancing interaction and understanding between G&G and the business community.
The Alumni Council holds meetings twice per calendar year, once in each of the Spring
and Fall semesters. Meeting locations rotate between Baton Rouge, LA and Houston,
Current Council members:
- James Anderson
- Kirk Barrell
- Allen Berlin
- Scott Brodie
- Alan Brown
- Frank Harrison
- Ronnie Johnson
- Keith Jordan
- Richard Loftin
- Laura Moffitt
- James Painter
- Erik Scott
- Andrew Steen
- Brandt Temple
- Hodge Walker
- Carol Wicks
- Chester Young
** If you are interested in joining the G&G Alumni Council, please contact Rachel May or Carol Wicks. **
- Friday, September 30, 2016 - G&G Alumni Council Fall Meeting / G&G Thank You Dinner
- Baton Rouge, LA