Cain Chair and Roy O. Martin Sr. Professor
Composites and Engineered Wood Products
Room 107 RNR Bldg
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
phone: (225) 578-8369
fax: (225) 578-4251
- Ph. D. - 1993 - Forest Products with a minor in Mechanical Engineering (Solid Mechanics), Oregon State University, Corvallis,Oregon.
- M. Eng. Sci. - 1989 - Mechanical Engineering, University of Tasmania, Tasmania, Australia.
- B. S. - 1983 - Agricultural Engineering, Henan Agricultural University, Zhengzhou, P. R. China.
Wood/natural fiber polymer composites, biomaterials from natural polymers, composite durability and engineering performance, and nano-composite materials .
RESEARCH IN PROGRESS
- Nanocellulose and it applications
- Lost circulation control materials development
- Natural fiber reinforced plastic composites – coextrusion processing
- Dimensional stability and durability of wood-based composites
- RNR 7029A – Mechanics of Wood and Wood Composites
- RNR 7029B – Wood Composite Manufacturing
- RNR 2042 – Introduction to Wood Science and Forest Products