Graduate Student Resources
Don't Do Grad Life Alone
Familiarize yourself with the resources on this page and avoid fumbling through your graduate program. Here you will find relevant information and quick links to an array of resources for all current students. If you have additional questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or feel free to contact our office.
Important Graduate Student Resources
The success and wellness of our students is a priority for LSU. Resources and services are available to support your cognitive, personal, professional, and academic development.
- Student Advocacy & Accountability
- CxC: Communication Across the Curriculum
- Use the self-guided online resources for help with presentations and other communications needs. Visit their four studios to gain access to audio/video production equipment, 3D printing, presentation support,
- Center for Academic Success
- Disability Services
- Learn about the types of accommodations, for any student with a documented learning, physical, psychological, or other disability that significantly impacts academic pursuits.
- LSU Library
- Hill Memorial Library
- Olinde Career Center
- GoGrad’s guide assists students in choosing between the Thesis or Non-thesis option Master’s Degree.
- Parking & Transportation Services
- Access information about parking permits, Tiger Trails bus services, Zip Cars, Park & Geaux Program, Electric Vehicle Charging, Campus Transit One Demand Evening Service, and more
- LSU Police
- Learn safety tips, LSU cares, incident reporting, etc. LSU Police is dedicated to keeping our community safe.
- Campus Dining
- There are many place to eat on campus. Visit the interactive website to explore your dining and meal plan options.
- Barnes & Noble
- In addition to textbooks, students can find a wide variety of books, apparel, gifts and accessories, supplies, and electronics, or grab a drink at Starbucks café on the first floor.
If you are experiencing an especially difficult or confidential conflict (for example, conflict with a dissertation advisor or other faculty member) with your department and you wish to go outside the department for advice and conflict resolution, LSU provides a free service, the Office of the Ombudsperson, to assist in finding a resolution.
LSU is committed to supporting and fostering a diverse campus community. There are several campus offices, centers, and organizations that offer resources and events:
Centers & Offices
- Clarence L. Barney Jr. African American Cultural Center
- International Cultural Center
- International Services
- Latinx Center
- LGBTQ Project and Safe Space
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Office of Diversity & Inclusion
- Women’s Center
Check out our Grad Life page to learn more about leisure activities on and off campus, financial resources, healthcare information, involvement, and more.
The mission of the LSU Food Pantry is to provide supplemental food to students who may experience hunger or food insecurity. The LSU Food Pantry is now offering food service through an online request form.
Access key graduate school resources easily and quickly. From professional development opportunities to help with preparing your thesis or dissertation, we've compiled tools to help you along your journey.
We are here to help. Below are links to resources that will be helpful as you begin your graduate education journey.
Stay on top of important deadlines and learn about LSU events. These helpful calendars will help keep you on task.