Paul P. Price, III (Trey)
Macon Ridge Research Station
212A Macon Ridge Road
Winnsboro, LA 71295
Phone: (318) 435-2157
Fax: (318) 435-2133
Mobile: (308) 235-9805
B. S., Agronomy, Louisiana Tech University, 1999
M. S., Biology, Louisiana Tech University, 2000
Ph. D., Plant Pathology, Louisiana State University, 2013
Areas of Specialization/Extension & Research Activities
- Disease management in corn, cotton, grain sorghum, rice, soybean, wheat, and other crops focusing on fungicide efficacy and host plant resistance.
- Discovery and delineation of fungicide resistance in major crop pathogens, and development of avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Novel and emerging disease discovery along with subsequent management strategy development.
- Relating remote-sensing to disease identification and quantification in agronomic crops.
- Variety evaluation and development.
- Statewide responsibilities for cotton pathology and disease management education in all field crops except sugarcane and sweet potato.
- Primary pathology contact for all crops in the northeast region (12 parishes) with partial responsibility in the central and northwest regions.
- Involved in many collaborative extension/research applied projects in cotton, corn, soybean, grain sorghum, wheat, rice, oats, peanuts, and other Louisiana crops.
Selected Active Grants
- Harrison, S. A., P. Price, and D. Groth. Development of FHB Resistant Wheat Genotypes Adapted to the Gulf Coast. USDA/US Wheat and Barley Scab Initiative.
- P. Price, et al. Multiple projects funded by the Louisiana Soybean and Grain Research and Promotion Board related to disease management in corn, grain sorghum, soybean, and wheat.
- P. Price, et al. Enhanced Pest Control Systems for Mid-South Soybean Production. United Soybean Board and Mid-South Soybean Board.
- P, Price, et al. Managing foliar diseases and boll rot in Louisiana cotton. Cotton Incorporated - Louisiana State Support Committee
- P. Price, et al. Multiple collaborative efforts with industry investigating efficacy of registered and experimental fungicides.
- Tenuta, A., P. Price, et al. Implementing the second soybean cyst nematode coalition: resistance management and awareness campaign.
- Fultz, L., P. Price, et al. Water quality and soil health under fallow season cover crops in Mid-South row-crop production.