Paul P. "Trey" Price
Macon Ridge Research Station
212A Macon Ridge Road
Winnsboro, LA 71295
Phone: (318) 435-2157
Fax: (318) 435-2133
Mobile: (308) 235-9805
B. S., Agronomy, Louisiana Tech University, 1999
M. S., Biology, Louisiana Tech University, 2000
Ph. D., Plant Pathology, Louisiana State University, 2013
Areas of Specialization/Extension & Research Activities
- Disease management in corn, cotton, grain sorghum, rice, soybean, wheat, and other
crops focusing on fungicide efficacy and host plant resistance
- Discovery and delineation of fungicide resistance in major crop pathogens, and development
of avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Statewide responsibilities for cotton pathology and disease management education in
all field crops except sugarcane and sweet potato.
- Primary pathology contact for all crops in the northeast region (12 parishes).
- Involved in many collaborative extension/research applied research projects in cotton,
corn, soybean, grain sorghum, wheat, rice, oats peanuts, and other Louisiana crops.
- Harrison, S. A., P. Price, and D. Groth. Development of FHB Resistant Wheat Genotypes
Adapted to the Gulf Coast. USDA/US Wheat and Barley Scab Initiative.
- P. Price, et al. Multiple projects (7) funded by the Louisiana Soybean and Grain
Research and Promotion Board related to disease management in corn, grain sorghum,
soybean, and wheat.
- P. Price, et al. Enhanced Pest Control Systems for Mid-South Soybean Production.
United Soybean Board and Mid-South Soybean Board.
- P. Price, et al. Multiple collaborative efforts with industry investigating efficacy
of registered and experimental fungicides.