You are fascinated by the ocean, its geology, and the aquatic life within.
About Marine Biology
In marine biology, you will study, protect, and manage the organisms, plants, and animals that live in oceans or saltwater environments. And since the two-thirds of the Earth's surface is covered with water, you'll have plenty of research material.
- Environmental scientist
- Marine biologist
- Grades 6–12 teacher (with proper certification)
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 24 credit hours in 1000-level courses or higher
- 2.5 LSU and cumulative GPA (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1001
- grade of “C” or better in all math and science courses
- grade of “C” or better in any of the following: Math 1022, Math 1023, Math 1550, or Math 1551
- grade of “C” or better in BIOL 1201, BIOL 1202, CHEM 1201, and MATH 1550
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Science: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Electives: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Foreign Language: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Lab Hours or Field Work: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Math: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
Learn more about course loads and subject areas