LSU Engineering Awarded Eight Patents, FY Total at 17
April 26, 2021
BATON ROUGE, LA – Since July 1, 2020, LSU has been awarded 24 patents in this current fiscal year. Seventeen of these have gone to the College of Engineering and its faculty and researchers, including LSU Mechanical Engineering Professor Guoqiang Li, who has been awarded four patents since December 2020.
The following are the most recent patents issued:
- System and Method for Focusing Color Schlieren Diagnostics—Issued on Dec. 15, 2020, to LSU Mechanical Engineering Associate Professor Ingmar Schoegl.
- Universal Molecular Processor for Precision Medicine—Issued on Dec. 16, 2020, to LSU Mechanical Engineering Professors Sunggook Park and Michael C. Murphy.
- Cement Materials Including Shape Memory Polymer and Methods of Making Cement Materials—Issued on Dec. 29, 2020, to LSU Mechanical Engineering Professor Guoqiang Li and Pennsylvania State University Petroleum Engineering Associate Professor Arash Dahi Taleghani.
- Magnetic Gradient Drilling—Issued on Jan. 26 to LSU Petroleum Engineering Associate Professor Babak Akbari and Garrett Nielsen, researcher at Albemarle Corporation.
- Sandwich Panel With a Ductile Hybrid Core Comprising Tubular Reinforcements—Issued on Feb. 2 to LSU Mechanical Engineering Professor Guoqiang Li and Gefu Ji, a mechanical engineer at Formosa Plastics Corporation.
- Multilayered Graphene and Methods of Making the Same—Issued on Feb. 9 to LSU Mechanical Engineering Assistant Professor Manas Gartia and Ardalan Chaichi, a research associate at LSU.
- Composition and Method of Making Two-Way Shape Memory Polymer Based Sealant—Issued on March 2 to LSU Mechanical Engineering Professor Guoqiang Li and Jinbao Cao, a scientist at Arkema.
- Methods for Temporary Fracture Isolation—Issued on March 23 to LSU Mechanical Engineering
Professor Guoqiang Li and Pennsylvania State University Petroleum Engineering Associate
Professor Arash Dahi Taleghani.
Contact: Joshua Duplechain
Director of Communications