Engineering Departments Rise in 2022 USNWR Best Graduate School Rankings
March 30, 2021
BATON ROUGE, LA – There was good news for the College of Engineering departments recognized in today’s U.S. News & World Report 2022 “Best Graduate School” rankings.
The college itself dipped slightly to an overall ranking of T-113 from last year’s T-102, finishing alongside two other Southeastern Conference institutions, the University of Arkansas and University of Georgia. Among public institutions, the college was ranked T-74, and it was the top-ranked school in Louisiana.
Department rankings are as follows:
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering—T-23 overall, T-22 among publics (T-27 overall in 2021)
- Chemical Engineering—T-73 overall, T-47 among publics (T-72 overall in 2021)
- Civil Engineering—T-54 overall, T-37 among publics (T-64 overall in 2021)
- Computer Engineering—T-105 overall, T-66 among publics (T-97 overall in 2021)
- Electrical Engineering—T-99 overall, T-63 among publics (T-106 overall in 2021)
- Mechanical Engineering—T-91 overall, T-56 among publics (T-94 overall in 2021)
- Petroleum Engineering—No. 10 overall, No. 8 among publics (No. 10 overall in 2021)
To establish its rankings, U.S. News & World Report surveyed 216 engineering schools that grant doctoral degrees. The data collection was used for the overall rankings, 13 specialty rankings and for populating each school’s profile on usnews.com. Schools were ranked on peer-assessment and recruiter-assessment scores (40 percent of overall score), faculty resources (25 percent of overall score), research activity (25 percent of overall score), and student selectivity (10 percent of overall score).
Contact: Joshua Duplechain
Director of Communications