Agricultural Residential College
- Be a first-year student with a declared major in the College of Agriculture
- Enroll in the AGRI 1500 Residential College experience course in the fall and spring semester, scheduled for every Monday from 3:00 pm-5:00 pm to provide students with opportunities for programming, specialized lectures, tours, and lab experiences
- Enroll in the AGRI 1001 Introduction to Agriculture course in the fall semester, a one-hour class designed to orient all new students to the College of Agriculture
- Enroll in at least one reserved section for ARC students in general education course options
- Reserved spaces in courses
- Multimedia classroom within the residence hall
- Meeting space and study rooms in the hall
- Faculty and staff hold office hours and review sessions inside the residence hall
- Close proximity to the LSU lakes, Recreational Center and 459 Commons dining hall
- Participation in career-oriented tracks
- Access to in-community tutoring
- Have priority course scheduling
- Attend several off-campus agricultural related field trips
- Hear from industry leaders at several special-interest lectures and engage in hands-on activities that focus on the diverse needs of today’s diverse agriculture industry
- Network with faculty members and college administrators
Frequently Asked Questions
Only if space permits will non-Ag roommates be allowed.
It is co-ed by floor. Typically there is one floor of males and three floors of females. Females cannot gain access to the male floors and males cannot gain access to the female floors.
Rooms are 12'6" x 16'. Each room has two movable/loftable twin XL beds, two desks, two chest of drawers, two wardrobes, and a vanity sink with an underneath storage cabinet. Bathrooms are in the hallways. Each room has its own thermostat.
No. The classroom in the hall holds approximately 20, so students typically take one class each semester in the on-site classroom. For larger classes, spaces are reserved to ensure that students living in the ARC get a spot in the course.