Prospective Graduate Students
Applicants must meet the Graduate School minimum requirements for admission and be accepted into the department program. Please note that meeting
these requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
- Fall - February 15th
- Spring - October 1st
- Summer - we do not accept applications for summer
Prospective graduate students must complete the online application form and pay the application fee. The department cannot waive the fee. Ensure the spelling
and order of your name on your application matches your legal identification.
- Do not mail anything to the department.
- Send one official transcript from each college or university attended to the Graduate
School (including summer work that appears on another institution’s transcript). International
applicants should include degree statements and an English translation of each non-English
document. Do not send transcripts to the department.
- Request ETS submit official GRE and TOEFL (international applicants only) scores directly
to the Graduate School. The institution code is 6373. The department code is not
- Upload any additional information or recommendation letters to your application before
you complete and submit. You will not be able to add/change anything after you submit
- The department will evaluate all applications after the department deadline. A decision
will be made within a month after the deadline.
- You will receive an email from the department to inform you when a decision has been
made on your application. The Graduate School will receive notification at the same
time and will begin their evaluation. This evaluation will take additional time. The
Graduate School will email their decision to the applicant and the department.
Graduate School Admissions
114 West David Boyd Hall
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803