Aly-Mousaad Aly, Ph.D.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
3240J Patrick F. Taylor Hall
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Phone: (225) 578-6654 / Fax: (225) 578-4945
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, 2009, Emphasis on Wind Engineering and Structural Control
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Alexandria University, 2005, Emphasis on Vibration Control of Civil Structures Under Earthquakes
- B.Sc., Alexandria University, Mechanical Engineering, 2001, Honors
- 2013-Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Louisiana State University
- 2012-2013: Research Fellow, WindEEE Research Institute, the Boundary Layer Wind Tunnel Laboratory, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Western University
- 2010-2012: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Alexandria University
- 2009-2010: Postdoctoral Research Associate, International Hurricane Research Center, Florida International University
- 2006-2009: Research Assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano
- 2001-2006: Assistant Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Alexandria University.
Experimental Wind Engineering (Using Wind Tunnels and Open Jet Facilities); Computational Wind Engineering (Using CFD Simulations); Improving the Performance and Resiliency of the Built Environment for Wind (for New and Existing Infrastructure: Low-Rise Buildings, Tall Buildings, Bridges, Power Transmission Lines and Towers, Solar Panels, Wind Turbines, Offshore Structures, Green Building Envelope, etc.); Structural Dynamics; Structural Control/Mitigation Under Wind/Earthquake Loading; Dissipative Analysis; Smart Structures.