How do I refer a patient to the Veterinary Teaching Hospital?
Referring veterinarians are an important part of our health care team!
Referral is not required but has several advantages.
We rely on referring veterinarians to:
- Provide historical input regarding your animal to assist us in our assessment and management of the patient's case
- Interpret findings and answer questions you may have regarding our services, findings or recommendations
- Provide insight into the environment and management of your horse
- Provide follow-up evaluation and care of your horse after hospital discharge
- Assist you in the decision-making process regarding your horse's healthcare
We communicate with referring veterinarians regularly by telephone, fax, email and/or written reports. If you have any questions about the referral process, please contact your veterinarian and/or call us at 225-578-9600 for pets and exotic animals or 225-578-9500 for horses and farm animals. We look forward to serving you and your animal's health care needs.
Small Animal Clinic
How do I make a referral to the Small Animal Clinic?
The referring veterinarian should call 225-578-9040 to make the appointment. Patient history and medical information needs to be completed by referring veterinarian.
Email, fax to 225-578-8477, or present form at time of referral admission.
Large Animal Clinic
How do I make a referral to the Large Animal Clinic?
The referring veterinarian should call 225-578-9500 to make the appointment. Patient history and medical information to be provided by referring veterinarian via fax (225-578-9605) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.