ExamSoft is a computer-based testing application that enables test creation, secure test administration through Examplify (formerly SofTest), exam scoring, and assessment at the item, student, and program levels. This software enables secure testing on student computers by blocking access to programs, files, and internet usage during the exam.
Examplify is the new ExamSoft testing application (formerly SofTest) that allows for secure offline exam taking on your own laptop. Students are required to download the latest version of Examplify and ensure compatibility with their laptops. An Examplify installation and registration email will be sent to your vetmail.lsu.edu account and will contain your LoginID and Password. You will also need our institution ID (lsusvm).
Please review the following links to get you started with Examplify:
- Minimum System Requirements for using Examplify (PC or Mac)
- Examplify Tutorial (video explaining how to install Examplify and the entire exam taking process)
- Best Practices for Students
- How to disable your Antivirus (You must disable your antivirus before each exam. Please be sure to re-enable your antivirus program following each exam.)
Expectations for Students when using Examplify
High standards of academic integrity are crucial for the University to fulfill its educational mission. Additionally, integrity, honesty, and professionalism are fundamental qualities critical to the veterinary profession. As a student member of the profession, you must be the embodiment of these qualities, and your conduct must be above reproach. Academic dishonesty undermines the profession and the entire academic enterprise. As a result, it cannot and will not be tolerated. If you are found guilty of academic dishonesty under the LSU Code of Student Conduct, the provisions will apply as stated in the Code of Student Conduct which could include your dismissal from the program. Sharing information related to the exams is considered academic dishonesty.
Day of the Exam:
- Before you come to the exam:
- It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with your equipment, the Examplify software and the instructions provided by ExamSoft on its website prior to the start of your exam. Please allow yourself sufficient time to become familiar with your laptop and the software.
- Check your vetmail email account for any messages regarding the test.
- Download the exam prior to the end of the exam download window - ideally 24 hours before the exam start.
- Students are to place all personal belongings in a designated area outside the exam room before they are allowed to enter the exam room. No notes, backpacks, purses, phones, electronic equipment, or other personal items are permitted on any persons during the exam.
- Bring your laptop with the Examplify software installed and the exam fully downloaded, a fully charged battery, and, if needed, a charging cord to plug in the computer.
- You are allowed to bring an external mouse and full-size keyboard.
- Rules for scratch paper/pencil/pen: you will be provided with a piece of blank paper. You may bring a pen or a pencil to the exam. All scratch paper must be left in the room after the exam.
- Students may bring ear plugs to wear during the exam in order to minimize distractions.
- No Food or open drink containers are allowed during the exam unless approved in advance by the course coordinator or associated with an approved accommodation.
- Rules for other electronic devices: Absolutely no other electronic devices can be brought to your seat. This includes cell phone, smartphone, smartwatch, laptop-other than that used for Examplify taken exams, tablet computer, PDA’s, calculators, portable listening or recording devices (MP3 player, iPod®, etc.), cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, or any other electronic or communication device.
- Exam seating assignments are arranged randomly.
- Before you start the exam:
- Restart your computer BEFORE exams - Restarting your laptop will help speed up the performance of your computer, as well as, install critical updates. This will help your machine operate faster during Examplify exams. Restarting will also close down installers and other programs that may be running in the background and slowing down your laptop's performance.
- Turn OFF your sound before you start the exam unless audio is part of the exam.
- Be aware that if you are required to listen to anything headphones ear buds must be used and you should plug the headphones in before you start the exam.
- Increase the light intensity before you start the exam. This will give you better contrast on images that must be examined.
- Use the instructions that will be provided to you on exam day to launch Examplify.
- Immediately before Examplify launches the exam, you will be provided a warning screen reminding you to turn off your antivirus software and indicating that you should not begin the exam until instructed to do so. Heed this warning.
- If you encounter computer difficulty during the exam notify a proctor for instructions.
- Any attempt to disable or tamper with Examplify’s security features will be considered a violation of the applicable honor code.
- Commencement of the exam will not be delayed due to a hardware or software problem with your laptop associated with downloading the exam or that should have been foreseeable. The school will have a limited number of laptops available for use in an emergency.
- During the exam:
- The proctor will manage the flow of the students leaving the room.
- Students are not permitted to leave the room for any other reason besides illness or using the restrooms. There will be no food, water or stretch breaks.
- Students who are ill or experiencing an extraordinary personal situation should let the course coordinator know and seek assistance from the Office of Student Affairs before the exam begins. In addition, students with pre-existing conditions, illnesses, or situations that could cause an unexpected interruption during examinations should discuss the situation with the Office of Student Affairs before the examination period.
- Should the fire alarm sound, students should leave their computers in the testing room and leave the building immediately. The exam should not be discussed and no materials should be accessed during the time away from the exam. Students will be given instructions as to how to proceed once it is safe to return to the building.
- After you finish the exam:
- Completion of the exam involves following the directions to end and upload the exam. The upload process concludes with a green screen confirming the upload was successful. Do Not close your laptop before you show the green screen to the proctor.
- You must show the green screen to the exam proctor before leaving the room.
- Students are not allowed to return to the exam room after exam submission.
- Please do not loiter in the hallways after taking the exam.
LSU SVM ExamSoft Portal
Log in to the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine ExamSoft portal.
ExamSoft Support Contact Information