Submitted June 6, 2019
Practice Name: Caring Hands Animal Hospital
Contact Person: Sarah-Ann Wheeler DVM
Job Description: Associate Veterinarian position available.
Caring Hands Animal Hospital is located in Clinton NC. Clinton is a small farming community located about an hour from the coast. We are looking for a candidate to work about 4 days per week (to include some weekends). New graduates welcome.
Submitted April 18, 2019
Practice Name: Broadreach
State: North Carolina
Contact Person: Emily Garr
Broadreach is a leader in experiential programs abroad for middle school, high school, and college-aged students. Over the past 26 years, more than 18,000 students have traveled with Broadreach to over 40 countries. Veterinary Medicine Instructors teach a college level course to high school or college students in the Bahamas or Costa Rica.
Our mission is to challenge students to broaden their perspectives through new experiences and environments, to inspire them to develop lifelong skills, to discover and explore their passions, and to empower them to reach beyond self-imposed limitations and take charge of their future.
Broadreach veterinary medicine courses introduce high school and college students to academic material while allowing them to gain hands-on experience in the field. The courses combine classroom learning, academic discussions, practical animal handling, and veterinary lab training.
Our program leaders inspire students each day, fostering personal growth and cultivating leadership development. They prioritize safety and are energetic role models who excel in building meaningful relationships with their students. Leading a Broadreach program is a fun, rewarding, and demanding position.
Broadreach maintains a small group size of 12 students or less led by two instructors. Programs can be challenging for students and instructors, which makes a positive demeanor essential. Our strongest instructors are flexible, team players who excel in quickly changing scenarios, while maintaining a supportive, fun, and cohesive community.
- DVM or Master degree in animal science or a related field of study.
- Comfort teaching college-level science course including hands-on academics, labs, and field survey techniques.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills, able to work without direct supervision and adaptable to often changing, dynamic environments.
- Passion for mentoring and motivating students and fostering cultural learning.
- Physically fit and comfortable participating in outdoor activities such as hiking, rafting, rock climbing, snorkeling, etc.
- Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
- Great communication skills and a professional demeanor to serve as a Broadreach ambassador to our international partners throughout the world.
- Able to attend staff training in Raleigh, NC in early June.
Preferred Skills & Experience
Significant international travel experience, preferably in Latin America or Southeast Asia.
Program leading or experience working with teens or young adults outside of the classroom.
Open availability from early June to mid-August increases the chance of placement.