Submitted November 23, 2020
Practice Name: Veterinary Emergency Group
City: NY, NJ, MA, FL, TX, CO, CA, IL
State: NY, NJ, MA, FL, TX, CO, CA, IL
Contact Person: Caroline Bearden
Job Description: Are you a recent graduate who is passionate about veterinary emergency medicine? Have you reconsidered doing a traditional rotating internship because it doesn't seem to be the best fit? Early Entry Track (EET) could be the opportunity you're looking for. EET is a hands-on, in-depth, 6-month emergency-focused mentorship program that transitions into a full-time Emergency Doctor position with Veterinary Emergency Group.
Submitted November 5, 2020
Practice Name - Get A Vet Staffing
Contact Person - Alicia Montesa
Phone - (215) 982-2609
Job Description - Associate Veterinarian: New Grad (Multiple U.S. Locations)
Get A Vet Staffing's hospital partners across the country are eager to hire new grad Associate Veterinarians. Apply for this role and we'll get in touch to schedule a call to review your position and location preferences. We work with both large hospital communities and small private practices to place talented veterinary professionals. Our partners represent a spectrum of medical specialties. Apply now and let's get the conversation started!
Skills and Knowledge:
- Successful completion of NAVLE exam (or scheduled).
- Valid and in good standing licensed veterinarian within the state of your preference.
- Privilege and DEA licenses.
- Knowledge of principles, theories and practices of veterinary medicine and science. Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating, and scheduling patients, for ordering medical supplies, and requesting laboratory tests.
- The associate must possess the mental and emotional health required for full utilization of his or her intellectual abilities, the exercise of good judgment, the prompt completion of all responsibilities and responsibilities attendant to the diagnosis and care of patients, and the development of mature, sensitive and effective relationships with clients and the health care team.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, including federal and state regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, medical texts.
- Ability to write reports and correspondences.
- Knowledge of the use, care, and storage of veterinary instruments, materials, and equipment including sterilization techniques for various instruments and materials.
- Medicine and Dentistry Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Prior intern or extern experience.
- Compassionate professional with excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to express empathy and care when working with pet owners and co-workers.
- Team player with collaborative spirit.
A few examples of the benefit offerings with some of our hospitals throughout the country. *Not representative of every practice.
- Competitive Compensation
- Student loan assistance program
- Mentorship opportunities
- Supportive and collaborative work cultures
- Top-of-the-line benefit packages including health, vision, and dental
- 401K with company match
- Flexible scheduling with a focus on work/life balance
- Relocation assistance or bonus
- Continuing education stipends and professional development
- Well-equipped and maintained facilities
- Opportunity to get involved in future college recruiting efforts
Get A Vet Staffing:
We are a specialized veterinary recruitment agency and platform, connecting veterinary practices and professionals. We represent hospitals and clinics throughout the U.S. Our mission is to ensure that candidates and employers each find their unique and perfect fit.
*Choose New Grad opportunity
Submitted September 9, 2020
Practice Name - USDA VMO positions
State - various states
USDA Animal Care has announced seven field Veterinary Medical Officer (VMO) positions. The link to the announcement can be found here.
This job opportunity is available to DVMs that must have their degrees conferred by December 2020. The job locations for our field VMO positions are listed below.
1. Kentucky: Fayette, Jessamine and Scott
2. Oregon: Josephine and Jackson
3. Virginia: Henrico, Chesterfield, Hanover, Goochland and Powhatan
4. Florida: Volusia, Seminole and Orange
5. Indiana: St. Joseph, Elkhart, Marshall and Starke
6. Texas: Falls, Bel and MeLennan
We encourage new graduates from your university to apply to these positions. The application cycle for this job announcement will remain open until Tuesday, September 15th. Thank you!
Submitted May 4, 2020
Practice Name - VCA Animal Hospitals
Contact Person - Stuard Lesley
Phone - 505-288-5808
We are the most extensive network of freestanding small animal practices in North America. We have over 1000 locations encompassing general practice, emergency and specialty medicine. We offer a highly predictable experiences in terms of quality of medicine practiced, employment experience, professional development and ability to have a robust clinical experience to practice as you see fit.
Whether you are experienced or a new graduate, we have great career tracks for every small animal veterinarian! VCA offers competitive compensation, benefits and retirement. For the new graduate, we have an excellent mentorship program in VCA Academy.
In our positions you'll use your superior medical judgment combined with a high level
of empathy, confidence and humility to build a loyal client base and heal pets.
As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
- Network of 4,500+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists.
- Largest provider of Private Practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff.
- Robust Clinical Studies program.
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities.
For interests or queries, please contact:
Sr. Veterinary Student Recruiter
Our careers website: VCACareers.com
Submitted May 4, 2020
Practice Name: easyvetclinic
State: United States
Contact Person: Rebecca Tamer
Seeking Full Time Veterinarian Exciting new opportunities in various cities & states in the United States 80K - 110k + Additional Revenue through Production Earn Out
- Compensation is competitive; including Salary, Bonuses, and financial support for continued education, license and PLIT dues.
- Salary Pay 85k - 100k+ (includes bonus)
- Up to $1500 each year for continuing education, plus licenses, CE, PLIT, and AVMA
- Quarterly Bonus Based on Revenue Personal and/or Professional References Requested Essential Duties:
- Offer preventative care, including wellness exams and high quality care for dogs and cats
- Vaccinations, health certificates Promote ongoing development of medical care through continued education
- Delegate duties and responsibilities to support staff to ensure proper care and comfort of patients and clientele
- Stay abreast of veterinary concerns and trends in the veterinary field
- Challenging cases and Emergency medicine
- Large animal experience a plus but not required
Experience & Requirements:
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM, VMD)
- Work experience preferred, but new graduates will be considered for the position
- Passion for quality wellness care
- License in good standing with State Health Related Boards - State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- License or application for license with Drug Enforcement Agency. If not currently licensed, must obtain license within agreed upon time frame to maintain employment
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy
- Able to maintain clear communication with internal staff on all levels.
- Proven written and verbal presentation skills
- Interest in continuing veterinary education and exploration of new technologies and treatment modalities
- Work requires continual attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced setting with demonstrated good working habits in an environment that requires multitasking and multiple demands on time
Submitted March 17, 2020
Practice Name: USDA-Food Safety Inspection Services
Contact Person: Dr. Maria Esteras
Job Description: Supervisory Veterinary Medical Officer/Public Health Veterinarian