Submitted January 29, 2019
Practice Name: Horn Lake Animal Hospital
City: Horn Lake
Contact Person: Michelle Gonzales
Would you like to work for a high quality veterinary clinic with a friendly staff? Goodwin Animal Hospital has 2 locations and is a fast paced veterinary hospital with four wonderful doctors that specialize in small animal medicine and surgery, and one doctor that specializes in exotics. We have provided veterinary care to the Montgomery, Alabama area for over 40 years. Goodwin Animal Hospital is equipped with digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, laser surgery, laser therapy, endoscopy, ultrasound, dental suite, and in house lab equipment. Currently, we are looking for a full time, motivated Veterinarian with a desire to learn and grow with our clinic. Job responsibilities include: small animal medicine, surgery, emergency care rotations, and dentistry. If you want to provide outstanding care, and be appreciated as a professional we would love to add you to our team!
Visit our website for more information: http://www.goodwinanimalhospital.com/
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet's problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Alabama
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery a plus
Goodwin Animal Hospital rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Submitted October 5, 2018
Practice Name: Gult Coast Veterinary Emergency Hospital
City/State: Biloxi, MS
Contact Person: Jeff Sutton
Gulf Coast Veterinary Emergency Hospital in Biloxi, MS is growing! We are currently seeking experienced full-time and part-time associate veterinarians to join our progressive hospital team!
Our American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Certified, state-of the-art 10,000 sq. foot facility supports the emergency and critical care needs of more than 100 veterinarians along the greater MS and AL coastal areas. It is staffed with veterinarians and support staff 24 hours a day and enjoys a large and varied case load of companion animal medical and surgical cases as well as occasional exotic, wildlife and small farm animal patients.
GCVEH is a uniquely designed facility that includes a large treatment area, 3 automatic glass door enclosed separate intensive care wards, a feline exclusive hospitalization ward, a spacious surgical suite, digital radiography and ultrasound suite and a training classroom. The facility includes a fantastic support team, an excellent in-house laboratory, on-site blood bank, oxygen cages, ventilator, full hospital automatic generator, the exclusive use of sevoflurane anesthesia, a companion animal laser and many other amenities.
Construction of a free-standing building to house a on-site crematorium and in-house blood banking equipment, and the addition of a Epica Vimago High Definition 3D Volumetric Imaging machine (with Hounsfield Units identical to a conventional CT) and Sechrist Hyperbaric Veterinary Chamber are currently underway!
If there is a mentoring interest, GCVEH regularly hosts 4th year veterinary student externs and technicians from several programs. Additionally, our facility utilizes “Fear Free” stress reduction techniques and is currently a Gold Level Certified AAFP Feline Friendly Practice.
Excellent communication skills to assist clients and veterinarians through challenging cases, a service-oriented attitude, experience in medical and surgical procedures and a sense of loyalty to our practice and referral veterinarians are a must. Overnight, week-end and holiday hours are required. Competitive compensation package includes a base salary with production-based compensation, generous flexible spending account, and a matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Enjoy a good quality of life, great compensation, a beautiful place to live by the water, and a rewarding career as a valued team member of a practice that is well support by the community
Interested candidates should send letters of interest and curriculum vitae to 8144 E. Oaklawn Rd, Biloxi, MS 39532 or e-mail: email@example.com. For further information, please contact Dr. Jeff Sutton (228) 239-6226 and/or Dr. Jennifer Sutton (228) 239-9190. Inquiries directed to this e-mail or Drs. Sutton directly will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Submitted October 5, 2018
Practice Name: Brookhaven Animal Hosp
Contact Person: Robert Watson
Seeking an enthusiastic, motivated associate for a 3+ doctor small animal practice i n southwest Mississippi. Brookhaven, MS is located on I-55 130 miles north of New Orleans and 50 miles south of Jackson, MS. Brookhaven has a population of about 13,000 so its the perfect blend of small town life with big city access just up or down the interstate.
Our practice is a busy 20 year old established practice. We provide full medical, surgical, and dental services for our patients as well as comprehensive preventative care. We have digital radiography, laser therapy, a full lab including endocrine testing, a two table surgical suite, and much more. We offer a very competitive salary and benefit package. We recognize that quality of life is important to you as it is to us so we value our time off and make sure that you have time as well. If interested please feel free to call or email. We welcome the opportunity to give tours and answer questions.
Submitted August 15, 2018
Practice Name: North State Animal and Bird Hospital
City/State: Jackson, Mississippi
Contact Person: Josh Spriggs
North State Animal Hospital, located in Jackson, MS, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
North State Animal Hospital is a well-established hospital serving our community for over 50 years. We are a fast-paced, four doctor practice in the metro-Jackson area. We focus on the care of companion animals, as well as avian, exotics and wildlife rehabilitation. We recognize the importance of the human-animal bond and it is our mission to work as a team to ensure that bond is strong by offering outstanding education, care, and service. We’re big on offering the best service for our clients and going above and beyond for each patient.
Our team is very family oriented and supportive! We know that work life balance is incredibly important and support one another in order to maintain this balance. We offer a 4 day work week and only one weekend a month, with no on call! We have seasoned doctors who are collaborative and staff members who’ve stayed with our practice year over year! We all pitch in - no task is too small. We’ll support a doctors unique career interests!
Visit our website: http://www.northstateanimalhospital.com/
More information about hospital:
- Dedicated surgical suite
- Digital radiography
- ECG monitoring and pulse oximetry
- Laser therapy
- Limited ultrasounds
- Full-service boarding and grooming
- Excellent relationships with Mississippi State, Auburn, and LSU
- In-house pharmacy, as well as a local pharmacy available for specialty compounding
- We are a wildlife receiving center accepting Federal and State animals for rehabilitation
- We encourage and support the cultivation of our doctors’ special interests! We’re open to exploring new ideas, procedures, and pharmacology.
- Jackson, MS is centrally located with an average temperature of 75 degrees! We are family friendly with a great outdoor activities, restaurants and museums! The Barnett Reservoir offers boating, fishing, and other water sports. We have a local baseball team and several golf courses! There are great schools and local universities, including, Belhaven University, Millsaps University, Mississippi College, etc.
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Highly competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- In-house Training
If you are looking for an excellent practice, with unmatched growth potential, we want to hear from you! Please apply today!