Submitted December 3, 2018
Practice Name: Spay Neuter Clinic of Lafayette
Contact Person: Caroline Landry
Looking for full time veterinarian for high volume spay/neuter and low cost vaccine clinic. Our facility provides low cost spay/neuter, wellness care, low cost heartworm treatment, and low cost dental cleanings. About half of our business is working with rescue groups. Practice is new and growing. Competitive salary. Please email resumes to email@example.com
Submitted November 29, 2018
Practice Name: HOPE Veterinary Clinic
Contact Person: Misty
In search of a Registered Veterinary Technician and/or students that have worked in the veterinary field, striving to get into Veterinary School, to join our team. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted November 28, 2018
Practice Name: VIP Petcare
City: Baton Rouge
Contact Person: Jennifer Ribbeck
VIP Petcare is improving the lives of pets and the people who love them! We are currently looking for dedicated, professional team members who have a passion for pet wellness. Our mobile Veterinary Community Clinics provide high quality preventative and wellness pet care services including diagnostic tests, vaccinations, preventative medications, microchipping, nail trims and a wellness check commensurate with the services administered.
We are currently looking for a Veterinary Clinic Assistant to join our growing team!
The Clinic Assistant provides superior customer service to clients by answering questions and assisting them through the clinic process. During the clinic, the Clinic Assistant assists Veterinarians during examinations and procedures of pets; prepare vaccines and administer according to Veterinarian instructions; make recommendations for services and products to clients based on their pet's lifestyle; collect, prepare, and label samples such as fecal and blood for outside laboratory testing; properly label and dispense medications; review paperwork with clients and process payments.
Training is provided. Starting pay is $10.00/hour.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous customer service or sales experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older -Must be able to work schedule, which includes varied days and times, most weekends, occasional overnight, and some holiday work
- Reliable transportation to office
- Valid Driver's License required
- Must successfully pass criminal background check and motor vehicle record check
Skills and Abilities
- Must enjoy and be comfortable working with primarily dogs and cats of all sizes, temperaments and breeds, including handling and lifting animals as necessary.
- Present professional appearance and positive conduct
- Punctuality and dependability highly valued
- Knowledge of basic sales principles and application while making recommendations to clients
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
Environment and Physical
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle for long hours and in various terrain and weather conditions. Portion of work day spent in vehicle.
- Must be able to work for prolonged periods of time in the field, including 12-14 hours days.
- Some outdoor clinic work and activities may be necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 150 pounds assisted and 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand/walk/move about for prolonged periods of time while at a clinic
VIP Petcare is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Submitted November 27, 2018
Practice Name: Midcity Veterinary Hospital
City: New Orleans
Contact Person: Dr. Audrey Hess
MidCIty Vet in New Orleans is looking for a DVM to join our busy practice in the middle of New Orleans. We offer modern equipment, a great staff, and supportive work environment. I will consider all levels of experience
Submitted November 17, 2018
Practice Name: Denham Springs Animal Hospital
City: Denham Springs
Contact Person: Dr. Bobby Welch
Busy 5 doctor mixed animal (predominately small) practice seeking a full or part time associate veterinarian. Digital radiography, in house blood work machines, ultrasound, dental equipment, in house pharmacy all on site. Please contact us at 225-665-8271 or email@example.com and ask for Dr. Welch if you are interested.
Submitted November 14, 2018
Practice Name: Melton Veterinary Hospital
Contact Person: Monica Walker, DVM
Come join our team at Melton Veterinary Hospital! We are a 3-doctor mixed animal practice which provides high quality care, state of the art equipment and excellent customer service to a large clientele base near the Monroe/Sterlington, LA area. We have been in business for over 30 years and our clients and their babies are like family. Our established, large facility comes well-equipped with ultrasound, digital x-ray and high-speed dentistry equipment. If you are looking for a rewarding career with opportunity for growth, apply with us!
This position includes a flexible schedule and great work/life balance. We offer a competitive salary and benefits (health, 401k, CE, etc.), in addition to relocation and sign-on bonuses. This position can support both Small Animal or Mixed animal practitioners--experienced and new graduates are welcome to apply!
Please reach out to me or my partner in recruiting, Meagan Underwood at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this position!
Submitted November 9, 2018
Practice Name: Associated Veterinary Services
City: Baton Rouge
Contact Person: Dr. Craig Alberty
Phone: (225) 928 - 4417
Associated Veterinary Services is looking for a part time veterinarian for our small animal clinic. We are a busy 9 DVM practice and would like to add to our professional staff. We are seeking a team player with a strong work ethic and positive attitude who practices quality medicine.
Our practice includes, but is not limited to, a full in-house lab, digital radiography, ultrasound, a therapy k-laser, dental equipment and a boarded internal medicine specialist. Interested applicants can contact us at email@example.com or (225) 928-4417.
Submitted November 7, 2018
Practice Name: Lakeshore Veterinary Hospital
Contact Person: Renee Purdy
We are seeking an experienced technician to join our well-established small animal practice, located on the Northshore. Candidate should be motivated and willing to provide the highest level of care and compassion to our clients and patients. Individual will assist in a wide variety of areas, including surgery, laboratory, and exam room. Organization, attention to detail, technical skills, and ability to multitask are a must. Must be available for alternate weekends. Please email cover letter, resume, and references.
Brief Summary of Skills and Qualifications
Assists in animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments; securing and bringing animals to examination room; taking vitals and history, restraining animals; providing assistance as directed; sets up estimates and participates in client education Assists operations by assembling required supplies and instruments; setting-up surgery table instruments; restraining animals; operating and monitoring anesthetic machines; preparing surgical site; placing catheters; obtaining blood cleaning-up post-surgical site; maintaining sterile conditions; obtaining and verifying medications.
Performs diagnostic procedures, effectively uses and maintains lab equipment Maintains safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments; sanitizing and disinfecting holding and operating areas; storing sterile supplies; verifying shelf life; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
Maintains animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes; updating database.
Maintains equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Keeps supplies stocked
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities Additional Skills/Qualifications:Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Attention to Detail, Patience, Verbal Communication email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted November 6, 2018
Practice Name: Old Hammond Veterinary Hospital
City/State: Baton Rouge
Contact Person: Mary Van de Putte
Old Hammond Veterinary Hospital is looking to hire experienced staff members!
We are seeking experienced veterinary assistants/technicians who are eager to join a great team. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, one doctor practice. Must have previous experience with veterinary technician skills; blood draws, injections, IV catheter placement, surgical assisting/monitoring, and general veterinary hospital duties.
Please email resumes to OHVHBR@gmail.com, or stop by to fill out an application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Submitted October 23, 2018
Practice Name: West Park Veterinary Services
Contact Person: Dr. Brittany Snyder
West Park Veterinary Services is currently seeking a full time associate veterinarian to join our 2 veterinarian team. We are a rapidly growing small animal hospital in Houma, LA. Our hospital practices canine and feline medicine only. We promote preventative medicine with an emphasis on client education/communication and offer an array of medical and surgical cases. Applicants should be self motivated with strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work as part of a team. The position offers a family-oriented work schedule, competitive salary and benefits package based on experience. Interested applicants can contact us at email@example.com or (985) 868-9927.
Submitted October 22, 2018
Practice Name: Lake Area Animal Hospital
City/State: Lake Charles
Contact Person: Shannon McCartney
Associate Veterinarian Position: Full time veterinarian needed for small animal practice in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Schedule is 4 days per week and hospital duty one weekend per month. Practice includes medicine and surgery cases. Starting salary is $80 - 100k per year. Benefits include health insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, one paid CE trip in the U.S, IRA and health club membership. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Submitted October 9, 2018
Crossroads Animal Hospital is currently searching for a part-time or full time veterinarian in a predominantly small animal hospital with interest in exotic animal medicine. We are located in Central, LA in East Baton Rouge Parish. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, has excellent client communication skills, and a positive team player. We offer digital radiography, full in-house laboratory test, laser therapy, ultrasound, dental services, soft tissue and orthopedic surgery. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and will be discussed during the interview process.
Please send resumes/inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted September 28, 2018
Practice Name: Barksdale Air Force Base Veterinary Treatment Facility
City/State: Bossier City
Contact Person: Latonia Forbes
Phone: 410 278-1179
Website: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/View Details/493456900
Details: Salary is $75,000 to $85,000 based on a pro-rated 40 hour work week.
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
Become a part of the Army's Global Veterinary Medical Practice (GVMP) - A challenging yet rewarding employment opportunity! The GVMP operates veterinary treatment facilities (VTFs) on most military installations for the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force. Your work will be dedicated to pet health within the military community and in support of the United States Army Medical Command. Animal Health is an integral part of the Army's public health mission and touches the lives of Department of Defense (DoD) personnel, military members, and their families.
GVMP employees work closely with both Military Veterinary Medical Officers and civilian Veterinarians to provide quality healthcare to privately owned animals and deliver the highest level of customer service while adhering to federal and state guidelines and regulations. Due to this organization's unique mission, GVMP relies heavily on a motivated and dedicated workforce. We strive to deliver quality care by placing importance on maintaining a diverse team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
This position is located at Barksdale Air Force Base Veterinary Treatment Facility in Louisiana.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.
Submitted September 25, 2018
Practice Name: Banfield
Contact Person: Kenneth Rogers
Head Veterinarian for a Banfield Hospital in Houma, LA. Facility is already built inside of PetSmart. Exciting opportunity to have an everlasting impact on pets lives in our community. Call or email Kenneth for further details.
Submitted September 24, 2018
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Lucky Dog Lodge, LLC. 18071 Forest Hills Dr.
Prairieville, LA 70769
Submitted September 21, 2018
We are seeking a motivated, compassionate full time veterinarian to join our small animal practice. Part-time will be considered . To provide excellent quality care, we utilize both in-house and reference laboratory services , digital radiography, ultrasound and ultrasonic scaling with dental drill. Two year experience is preferred . No emergency or on call is required .
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Thistlethwaite, DVM
Animal Medical Center of Plaquemine, Inc. 58175 Belleview Rd
Plaquemine, LA 70764
Submitted September 19, 2018
Practice Name: Robinsons Rescue Low Cost Spay/Neuter
Contact Person: Dr. Andrea Master
Relief vet needed Oct. 15-23. Spay/neuter practice. Great hours and payment package. Accommodation included if needed.
Submitted August 30, 2018
Practice Name: Ponchatoula Animal Hospital
City/State: Ponchatoula LA
Contact Person: Bonnie Duhon DVM
We are looking to add a full time veterinarian to our team of 5 doctors. The hospital closes at 5 and we utilize MEDVET for after hour emergencies. Doctors share/rotate weekends. We have a high employee retention rate (both veterinarians and staff) and pride ourselves on having a family-like work environment. Competitive salary/benefit package. Please stop by anytime or email your resume to email@example.com
Submitted August 24, 2018
Practice Name: Jester veterinary clinic
City/State: Westwego, LA
Contact Person: Bernhard Mayer, DVM
Phone: 504 436 9486
Fax: 504 436 7911
Job Description: Veterinarian
Submitted August 23, 2018
Practice Name: Plaquemines Animal Welfare Society (PAWS)
City/State: Belle Chasse, LA 70037
Contact Person: Melissa Barnes
The PAWS Veterinary Technician's primary responsibility is to participate in the delivery of medical care to all animals at PAWS. This position provides nursing care and assists in medical treatments, handling, and procedures as directed by the shelter Veterinarian.
This position is part of a staff team that completes a high volume of spay/neuter surgeries, wellness appointments, shelter medication administration and all of the preparatory work, cleaning, and record keeping that is required to support those services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
Assisting the Shelter Veterinarian during surgery Monitoring ongoing medical analysis and procedures Administering day-to-day medications Medical record-keeping, and supply ordering for our clinic Providing quality customer service to clients, volunteers and staff Actively promote our mission, services, programs and events
Job Duties Include
- Model and promote a humane, caring attitude toward all animals.
- Follow veterinary care protocols - including medical, behavior and general care for the health and well-being of the animals; both individually and as a herd.
- Schedule client appointments
- Clean surgical instruments
- Prepare and sterilize surgery packs
- Prepare surgery room and recovery area for surgery.
- Assist Veterinarian with exams, treatments and surgery.
- Monitor recovery of animals from surgery/anesthesia.
- Return animals to cage/kennel following recovery.
- Provide animals with food, water and potty breaks, as needed, during their stay in the PAWS clinic.
- As needed, set up temporary wire kennels for already adopted animals receiving treatment at PAWS.
- As needed, and in conjunction with the Shelter Veterinarian, develop patient care information instruction documents.
- Inform clients of any pertinent medical information and instruction documents regarding animal care Ensure that animals arriving at the shelter receive a thorough intake exam and that care and vaccination protocols are followed consistently.
- Rapidly identify any health problems or conditions and immediately report them to the Shelter Veterinarian.
- Assist Shelter Veterinarian with clinical diagnostic procedures, ear slides, fecal, blood work, skin scrapes, etc.
- On a daily basis, administer medications to all animals in the shelter, as directed on the Dog and Cat Medication Log sheets. Coordinate coverage of responsibility on days/times when you are not scheduled to or are unable to come to work Create and maintain detailed medical records for each animal vetted at the shelter.
- Maintain existing medical records and accurately record treatments, examinations, and test results on medical records documents and in PetPoint.
- Perform clinic laundry.
- Comply with all laws pertaining to controlled substances.
- Participate in medical rounds as directed by the Shelter Veterinarian In conjunction with the dog or cat staff supervisor, ensure that all adoptable animals are adoption ready, i.e., micro-chipped, vaccinated, etc.
- Prevent animal-to-animal disease transmission through proper handling and cage/kennel/work surface sanitation/disinfection.
- Maintain the highest standard of sanitation required of an animal shelter clinic.
- Ensure that the clinic as whole, as well as the treatment and surgery rooms are kept clean and well organized.
- Ensure a safe work environment by following all safety guidelines.
As needed, the PAWS Veterinary Technician performs the following duties:
Customer service including:
- facility tours
- answering the shelter phone
- instructing customers about proper animal care, dealing with complaints and assisting with adoptions
- cleaning and maintaining kennels and facilities
- assisting at special events
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability all are required.
- Strong organizational skills, human relations, and communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand fluent English.
- Veterinary clinical experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of animal protection issues and commitment to the objectives of PAWS.
- Dependable attendance is a must.
- Commitment to a drug, alcohol and smoke-free environment.
- Must be high school graduate (or GED equivalent) and able to read and comprehend standard workplace and medical instructions in the English language.
- Strong animal handling skills, restraint techniques of healthy, ill, and feral animals and, a knowledge of animal behavior as it relates to understanding the general health of animals.
- Knowledge of animal handling, anatomy and physiology, medical math, medical terminology, phlebotomy and aseptic techniques in order to anticipate patient and doctor needs.
- Ability to understand and communicate pertinent medical information with co-workers (including our shelter Veterinarian) and clients.
- Knowledge of contemporary clinic or shelter maintenance techniques and accepted sanitary practices.
- Knowledge of preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic veterinary treatment of domestic animals.
- Good interpersonal, communication and time management skills are essential.
- Maturity, good judgment and a professional personal appearance are required.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Pet CPR certification.
Must have a valid and unrestricted driver's license with a clear driving record for at least one year prior to application and, if, requested, able to present a clean driving printout from DMV. Driving skills for both standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be in good health. Any allergic condition that would be aggravated from exposure or through contact with animals or chemicals used to sanitize facilities, vehicles or equipment, is a disqualification.
- Physical ability to stand, walk, bend and stoop frequently to perform duties is required.
- Ability to perform prolonged strenuous physical activity, including lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 40 pounds alone or up to 100 pounds with the help of fellow employees for short distances.
- Able to work in the busy, demanding environment of an animal shelter veterinary clinic.
- Must be able to deal with an often times, emotionally-charged public and carry a fast paced and changing work load which at times can be stressful.
- By nature of the job, there is occasional exposure with dead, injured, sick, unruly, vicious, and/or dangerous animals in addition to exposure to parasites and infectious diseases.
- Must be available and willing to work weekends, holidays, overtime, and attend mandatory training and meetings.
- Working conditions include working alone and as part of a team, working outside in varying weather conditions, frequent interruptions, and frequent loud barking.
- Fast paced, high volume medical caseload.
- Animals may be fractious by nature or resulting from anesthesia induced disorientation.
- Tetanus and rabies (pre-exposure) inoculations are required or must be waived.
Job Type: Full-time
Submitted August 23, 2018
Practice Name: Robinson's Rescue Low Cost Spay/Neuter
Contact Person: Andrea Everson
We are looking for a relief vet for spay/neuter surgeries. We need a vet from 10/15-10/25. No requirement on surgery amount just needs a Louisiana License.
Submitted August 22, 2018
Practice Name: Robinson's Rescue Low Cost Spay/Neuter
Contact Person: Andrea Everson
Robinson's Rescue is looking for a spay/neuter Veterinary Technician RVT. Great work/life balance, fun relaxed fast pace environment. Must have experience in surgery and anesthesia.
Submitted August 14, 2018
Practice Name: The Veterinary Clinic at Gloria Switch
City/State: Lafayette, LA
Contact Person: Christie Hanks
Full-time associate veterinarian at a small animal practice. Digital radiography, blood work machines, surgical laser, in house pharmacy and ultrasound available.
Submitted August 6, 2018
Practice Name: Animal Care Hospital
City/State: Mandeville, LA
Contact Person: Bill Michaelis
Busy small animal hospital in Mandeville looking for a full time associate. Practice is fortunate to have a clientele receptive to quality medicine. No emergency duties and every third weekend for hospitalized cases. Any interested parties can contact Dr. Bill Michaelis at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 985-264-8454.
Submitted August 1, 2018
Practice Name: Baton Rouge Pet Emergency Hospital
City/State: Baton Rouge, LA
Contact Person: Greta Goranova
We are currently looking to hire highly motivated, independent, confident emergency room clinician. Must be licensed and insured in Louisiana and willing to work overnight shifts and some weekends. Ideally, should live within 20 min drive of the hospital or be willing to stay at the hospital for the entire shift (accommodations available). Competitive pay, with high production earning potential. For more information contact Greta Goranova DVM at: email@example.com
Submitted July 24, 2018
Practice Name: Animal Hospital of West Monroe
City/State: West Monroe, Louisiana
Contact Person: Jennifer David
Immediate opening for an associate veterinarian in Northeast Louisiana. Our clinic was the first in out area, established over 70 years ago. Our multi doctor facility spans over 9000sq ft with equipment including digital xray, surgical laser, heat laser, tonometry, and ultrasound. Our local emergency clinic covers after hour calls. Each doctor works half day every other Saturday. Benefits include health insurance, CE, PTO, and 401k. New graduates welcome. Salary commensurate with experience.
Submitted July 6, 2018
Practice Name: AMAG Pharmaceuticals Inc
City/State: Baton Rouge, LA
Contact Person: Matt Delucca
Phone: (225) 343-5321
Part-time position. Performs general office clerical tasks such as typing, filing, data Sentry, ordering supplies, coordinating mailing and shipping needs, printing and organizing reports, with primary duties of phone answering of multiple lines.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma required. 2 years of experience desired.
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in typing, use of computer and Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Possess strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, prioritize and self-motivated.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Must be reliable, organized and detail oriented.
- Previous office/administrative experience is a plus.
- Must have a positive attitude to work with other team members as well as demonstrate ability to work independently.
- Room for growth and additional responsibilities depending on level of aptitude and ability.
Starting at $14/hour and dependent on experience
Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly read this and sending in your resume. We look forward to reviewing it.