When planning an event to be held at the LSU SVM, please adhere to the following:
- Check the LSU SVM master calendar to make sure that no other events are scheduled for the date and time you want for your event. You can also contact Celia Ordoyne, Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reserve your room.
- Send event information to Celia Ordoyne (email@example.com) to add to the SVM calendar (e.g., name of event, date, time, location, etc.).
- If you would like the event added to the LSU calendar, please let Celia know as well.
- Student groups planning events should clear them with Student Affairs.
- If you would like the dean or other LSU/LSU SVM VIPs to attend and/or participate in the event (e.g., give out an award, speak, make a presentation), get that confirmation from the appropriate office before proceeding with invitations.
If you are offering CE for official credit from the Louisiana Board of Veterinary Medicine, please contact Dr. Kirk Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want an invitation sent out, please complete a Communications Help Desk Ticket. Include event details and who should be invited (e.g., faculty, staff, DVM students, House Officers, graduate students, post-docs, LSU VIPs, alumni, RDVMs, retired SVM faculty and staff, donors, friends of the SVM, general public). You can also email email@example.com, and this will create a work ticket.
Security Must be Notified
Please let security personnel know about all events by contacting Lt. LaShawn Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 8-9811.
If your event includes alcohol, you’ll need to complete the proper paperwork. Lt. Lewis can help with this as well. Some events with alcohol require additional security that must be reserved at least three weeks in advance.
If you need assistance with ordering food for an event, please contact Celia Ordoyne at email@example.com.
The LSU SVM often hosts events at which food is served. If you are not part of the event, please do not help yourself to the food being served. We have had problems with people getting food to take back to their work areas, thus not leaving enough food for the people for whom it was intended.
When we host events (even after hours and on weekends), we often deliver the leftover food back to the department hosting the event or take it to the hospital, but please do not assume that, just because food is being served outside of a room, that is intended for everyone.
Again, if you don't know why the food is being served, please do not take it.
If your event is being sponsored by a corporation, individual, foundation or other organization, please contact Tracy Evans, Senior Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Room Set-Up, Computers and Projectors
- If your event will require special room set-up or additional tables, chairs or janitorial efforts, please contact Bonnie Brocato at email@example.com.
- If your event requires the use of the computer or projector in one of our classrooms or meeting rooms, please complete an IT Help Desk Ticket so they can make sure everything is working properly.
- Request LSU wifi access for a guest or speaker.
Tents or other objects (e.g., slides, bounce houses, etc.) that require utility must be approved by Bonnie Brocato in Facility Services. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guests coming for events must never park in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital parking lot.
Parking for guests during normal parking tag hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) is allowed in the lot across the street, but visitor parking tags are required and can be obtained from the Office of Parking & Transportation (there is an exception made for graduation). Please contact Lt. LaShawn Lewis at email@example.com or 8-9811 if you have questions or need help making special parking arrangements.