Paper and Pencil Testing Plans
The LSU Office of Testing and Evaluation Services (OTES) will provide three on campus locations for flex-scheduling/hybrid courses to take paper and pencil test.
Guidelines for Paper and Pencil Testing
1. Eligibility for using paper and pencil testing
- Paper and pencil testing is only available for courses that are flex scheduling/hybrid. Specifically, for courses that meet in classrooms that prohibit the entire class from meeting in person at the same time.
- Courses taught completely online are not eligible.
2. Scheduling paper and pencil exams
- Exams must be given during the designated course time slot.
- For example, if your course meets on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10:30 - 11:30am, you will need to schedule your course exam during that time.
- To maximize usage of the testing space, several smaller courses may be scheduled at the same time and in the same space.
3. Testing Materials
- Instructors are responsible for all testing materials.
- Scantrons can be purchased from OTES, please visit the Scoring and Scantron page for more information.
4. Exam Proctoring
- Instructors are responsible for proctoring students or providing proctors, OTES will not be able to provide proctoring services.
- An OTES staff member will meet the faculty member to let them into the paper and pencil testing space.
5. Testing Space
- There are three testing locations available: the Magnolia Room in the Student Union, LSU Mini Farm, and the LSU Testing Center. These spaces hold between 100 - 160 students each.
- Cleaning materials will be provided in each testing space, students and faculty will be responsible for wiping down their own desks/chairs before and after each test, in accordance with the LSU policy for classrooms. Additionally, the paper and pencil testing spaces will be cleaned once a day, including doorknobs, light switches, chairs and desk, as well as other hard surfaces.
Scheduling Space for Paper and Pencil Exam
1. Fill out the Paper and Pencil Exam Form
- To request a space and time for paper and pencil exams, please fill out the Paper and Pencil Exam Form.
2. OTES will Review Form
- Once the form is received, OTES will review the form and determine if space is available
- If the space is available, you will receive confirmation with the date, time, location and other details for using the space.
- If the space is not available, OTES will follow up and provide faculty with additional times the space is currently available.
Please email email@example.com with questions you may have related to scheduling paper and pencil exams.