Student Emergency Support Fund
The LSU Student Emergency Support Fund benefits students in need of support in emergency situations. This fund has assisted students who have lost everything after storms, hurricanes, fires, and other disasters.
Additional support for this initiative is needed to assist other students affected by various emergency situations.
The LSU Student Affairs Emergency Support Fund was established through funds raised by the LSU Family Association. This fund is used for limited financial assistance when students are unable to meet immediate, essential expenses due to temporary hardship related to an emergency situation.
Types of Covered Expenses
Typical expenses covered include those arising from unexpected incidents creating financial hardship. These funds are not intended to be used for routine expenses nor as a consistent supplement to a student’s education funding sources. Requests must be urgent in nature.
- Applicant must be an incoming or currently enrolled student (undergraduate or graduate) at Louisiana State University and have temporary financial hardship resulting from an emergency situation. In the event that a student’s family is affected by an official LSU sponsored event, the student’s family may also be considered for support.
- Applicant must be able to provide sufficient documentation of financial hardship (see examples below).
- Natural disasters
- Fire damage or need for temporary housing
- Medical emergency
- Travel emergency
- Emergency medical bills
- Estimates for repairs
- Documentary evidence (photographs or videos)
- Letters of support (usually witnesses of your need)
- Email correspondence related to your emergency situation
- Financial information
- Police/fire reports or other accident report
For additional information about the LSU Student Emergency Support Fund, please contact Molly McCann, Coordinator, Division of Student Affairs, at (225) 578-8607 or email@example.com.