FYE Executive Staff
Students interested in serving on an FYE Executive Staff should complete the online application by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, September 20th, 2017. Please note that the application procedure includes an online application (resume and cover letter upload required) and interview/presentation. Once you submit your online application, you will receive a separate email from Alyssa Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up for an interview time on October 2nd-5th, 2017.
The following positions are available:
- Bengal Bound Exec: Chair, Campus Traditions Chair, Communications Chair, Event Logistics Chair, Media Chair (For more information about each poistion, please click here).
- STRIPES Exec: Chair, Campus Life Coordinator, Events/Logistics/Hospitality Coordinator, History and Traditions Coordinator, Streak Leader (For more information about each position, please click here).
- Tiger Transition Team Exec: Chair, Academics Coordinator, Events Coordinator, Peer Engagement Coordinator (For more information about each position, please click here).
To serve as a member of 2018 Executive Staff, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at LSU during the academic year,
- Be in good academic standing with the University with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA for the semester and cumulative, and
- Not be on probation with restrictions.
Timeline & Process
- September 20th—Executive Staff applications close
- September 7th-20th— Executive Staff interviews/presentations scheduled
- October 2nd-5th— Executive Staff interviews/presentations
- October 6th— Executive Staff announced
- Attend Executive Staff meetings as scheduled
- Maintain confidentiality in communication, decision making and other program processes
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training and cohesion of student leaders
- January 24th-26th—Table Sits
- January 26th—Interview and Group Process Run Through
- February 2nd-7th—Interviews
- February 15th-18th—Group Process
- March 2nd—Full staff cohesions
- March 16th—Final Run Through, All Exec
- April 6th-8th—FYE Leadership Summit
- Assist in the recruitment and registration of participants
- Promote FYE by participating in all events sponsored by Experience LSU and Admissions
- Serve as a positive role model to student leaders and participants
- Follow and enforce all FYE and University rules and regulations
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Bengal Bound and T3 Exec Staff must maintain 2 office hours per week.
STRIPES Only- Additional Requirements
- Have previously served on the STRIPES staff in some capacity,
- Maintain a minimum of two office hours per week in the fall, 4 office hours per week in the spring, and six hours per week in the summer, and
- Reside in Baton Rouge during the summer through August 9th.
Please note that due to time commitments and schedule conflicts, a student cannot serve as a STRIPES Executive staff member and an Experience LSU or Parent Experience LSU Leader.
Applications are closed at this time! Be on the lookout for future FYE Student Leader Opportunities coming soon!