Faculty Office Hours
Consult with your instructor for additional assistance. Your syllabus includes contact information and office hours.
- Shell Tutorial Center
141B Middleton Library
Trained peer tutors help with homework, test preparation, and study strategies. No appointment is necessary, but check the tutor availability schedule.
Hours of Operation:
9:30 am - 7 pm M-Th
9:30 am - 3 pm F
Times may change during scheduled academic breaks.
- Online Tutoring
(900 free minutes for current students)
Access this on MyLSU through the Student Services drop down menu.
- Genesis Tutoring provided by Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Writing Support provided by CxC
- Residential Life Tutoring Resources
- State of Louisiana Homework Help
This service is from the State Library of Louisiana and Tutor.com and you can access it from a public library or your home in Louisiana.
(You may incur charges for these services.)
- CAS offers a link to the Tutor-for-Hire Matching Service.
- Instructors and individual departments are often able to suggest private tutors.
Programs, Workshops & Events
Supplemental Instruction (SI)
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a series of weekly study sessions offered for students enrolled in historically difficult courses.
Session times and locations subject to change. Please check with SI leader for details.
Academic Coaching Session
Personal meetings with each student set a course for success. Together, the student and academic coach decide which learning strategies and time management techniques yield the greatest benefit. Learn more and schedule an appointment.
- Black Male Leadership Initiative by Office of Diversity
- Distinguished Communicator Certification from CxC
- Genesis Mentoring provided by Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Tiger Transition Team from First Year Experience
Additional On-Campus Resources
- Middleton Library offers study space, printed and electronic resources and librarian subject specialists
able to help with research in specific academic areas.
- Check library hours.
- Book a group study room.
- Request individual study space.
- Find an e-textbook.
- Meet with a library subject specialist.
- LSU Cares connects students with the appropriate campus resources to address a variety of issues from academic to medical.