Five ways to increase academic performance:
- Integrate learning strategies into instruction.
- Create a student-centered learning environment by implementing active learning techniques.
- Endorse the use of academic support resources.
- Utilize technology to increase communication and engagement with students.
- Provide early feedback and interventions to students with poor course performance.
In an effort to improve student learning and persistence at LSU, the CAS supports
faculty with practical strategies and effective resources incorporating these five
Supplemental Instruction (SI)
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a series of weekly study sessions offered for students enrolled in historically
SI Sessions are:
- free, voluntary and open to all students
- a great opportunity to improve understanding of material and course grades
- an excellent way to meet other people in your class.
- guided by an SI leader who has taken the course and is prepared to share with you
what they have learned about how to study.
- The leader attends the class and works in close association with the instructor so
that sessions are relevant to the material covered.