Summer Jobs Fair
Date: February 20, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: LSU Student Union - Free Speech Plaza
*Back-up location due to inclement weather will be in the LSU Student Union Royal Cotillion Ballroom
Contact: LSU Olinde Career Center
The Summer Jobs Fair connects students seeking summer employment, part-time jobs or volunteer experience with representatives from camps, resorts and other businesses. Positions available for Summer 2018.
Visit the public events calendar and select LSU Spring 2018 Summer Jobs Fair. You will be redirected to the Careers2Geaux event overview page - scroll down and select the "See Who's Coming" link. You can also download the Careers by Symplicity app through the App Store for iPhone or Google Play for Android. Search Louisiana State University and then use the app to browse events, search jobs and even more. It's Careers2Geaux at your fingertips! #GeauxGetHired
Get the most out of the Summer Jobs Fair
- Though it is not a must, it is nice to bring your résumé to share with employers.
- Before the fair, visit Careers2Geaux to see which camps, agencies and businesses are coming and what they are looking for so you will know exactly which organizations you want to visit with at the event.
- When you arrive, take a few minutes to review the map and directory that you receive at check-in.
- Introduce yourself to the employers that interest you.
- Ask the representative for his/her contact information.
- Ask the representative about the next steps for being considered for a job, and take notes on the response
To register, log into Careers2Geaux, select the "Spring 2018 Summer Jobs Fair is currently active" link on the right side of the welcome screen, and complete the registration form.
If you do not already have a Careers2Geaux account, go to our public events calendar and click the "Participant Registration" link for the Spring 2018 Summer Jobs Fair. On the following page, click the "Proceed to Registration Form" link under "new participants."
Event registration is free. Parking will be self-pay in parking garage near the LSU Student Union. More information will be included in your event registration packet once you are a registered attendee.
Become an event sponsor for $250. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.
Benefits of sponsorship
- Prime placement at the event
- Name and/or logo included on the event web pages for both the student and employer side, in Careers2Geaux, and in e-newsletters sent out to all students
- Name and/or logo highlighted on event signage and on the event handout.
Download the Event Refund Cancelation and Weather Policy here.